help

mr soft

I'm a first time grower growing outside,i'm about 8 weeks from harvest and have noticed an infestation of whitefly and what look like eegs.How can i get rid of with out harming plants or tainting taste of mature buds.

Act quick, either by pruning the egg-infested parts, or obtain a squadron of lady-bugs and let them crawl all over your plant - they should eat them. Whiteflies can wipe out an entire plant and drain it of its energy. Sorry to hear about it, act quick, and good luck!

if all fails. and this is a last resort.
a concentrated blast from a spray of water. not enough to damage the plant but enough to dislodge the critters. a couple of times of this and they will find other housing! if there isnt a ton of bud, use a table spoon of bio degradable dish soap per gal of water.

my artichoke plants were covered with afids and white flies. i used my hose and finger to make a sharp spray pattern. two times and that was it. havent seen them since.
best of luck!

:thumb::high-five:
Act quick, either by pruning the egg-infested parts, or obtain a squadron of lady-bugs and let them crawl all over your plant - they should eat them. Whiteflies can wipe out an entire plant and drain it of its energy. Sorry to hear about it, act quick, and good luck!
:high-five:big thanks to you for info have prunned effected leaves and have started to spray with neem oil.Treatment going well numbers of adults have decreased will continue course of treatment for another 2 weeks so to kill any young i would have missed.Plants doing well and crystals now forming on leaves surrounding bud tops.

Back
Top Bottom