Whiteflies on my plants

Crypti420

Hello ! :) . I have 3 plants in my backyard which are in flowering phase now. I noticed that there are whiteflies on one of them , and few on the second one and almost nothing at the last one . The plant with most whiteflies is in his 5 week of flowering and i wonder will the whiteflies do any harm to the buds and will my plant survive till harvesting .
The plant looks healthy , green and fresh leaves , the buds are looking awesome , they smell dank too, when i shake it the whiteflies start to fly around. There are only few white dots on some leaves , the whiteflies are on the plant for weeks , maybe mouth or two.The second plant with few whiteflies is the tallest,but his buds are still small and with few trichomes , i noticed that some of his leaves are discoloring.So are the plants gonna be OK for 3 weeks more till i harvest them.Thank you for the help and sorry for my bad English :)

I would pick off the affected parts at the least
Get some sticky traps and if they get bad you could use some home made insecticidal soap. Just mix a tablespoon of NON antibacterial dish soap with a cup of any kind of cooking oil and add two teaspoons of the mixture for every cup of water you put in the sprayer. i.e. 4 cups of water calls for 8 teaspoons of the soap oil mix. Spray the undersides of fan leaves with the mix and try not to spray it on the buds. I would cut off any buds they eat on because they lay eggs and can get out of hand fast.

Thank you for the answer. I will try with the sticky traps , i dont have the right sprayer for the mixture.I would like to hear other ideas too and what will happen to the plant if i cant stop em , because i dont see any harm on the plant for now.

Hello ! :) . I have 3 plants in my backyard which are in flowering phase now. I noticed that there are whiteflies on one of them , and few on the second one and almost nothing at the last one . The plant with most whiteflies is in his 5 week of flowering and i wonder will the whiteflies do any harm to the buds and will my plant survive till harvesting .
The plant looks healthy , green and fresh leaves , the buds are looking awesome , they smell dank too, when i shake it the whiteflies start to fly around. There are only few white dots on some leaves , the whiteflies are on the plant for weeks , maybe mouth or two.The second plant with few whiteflies is the tallest,but his buds are still small and with few trichomes , i noticed that some of his leaves are discoloring.So are the plants gonna be OK for 3 weeks more till i harvest them.Thank you for the help and sorry for my bad English :)

Greetings,

What part of the world are you in?

Yellowing is normal during flowering. It's usually the older leaves that reach the end of their time.

Not sure what's causing the Whiteflies (....deleted due to lack of knowledge on white flies...) but as a pro-active measure, I'd highly recommend getting a ton of lady bugs and letting them lose on your garden. It may be the flies are attracted to eggs or other stuff left by other insects which the lady bugs will devour, cleaning your garden.

One other comment. While you expect to harvest in three weeks, I've come to learn you can't go by set times given by seed companies or even others, especially in outdoor grows. The buds are ready when they're ready. :thumb::tommy:

Good luck.

Zafu

Greetings,

Yellowing is normal during flowering. It's usually the older leaves that reach the end of their time.

Not sure what's causing the Whiteflies and doubt they will harm your plants but as a pro-active measure, I'd highly recommend getting a ton of lady bugs and letting them lose on your garden. It may be the flies are attracted to eggs or other stuff left by other insects which the lady bugs will devour, cleaning your garden.

One other comment. While you expect to harvest in three weeks, I've come to learn you can't go by set times given by seed companies or even others, especially in outdoor grows. The buds are ready when they're ready. :thumb::tommy:

Good luck.

Zafu
You doubt whiteflies will harm his garden?

You doubt whiteflies will harm his garden?

You're kidding right? Whiteflies will ruin a garden! Their shit is super sticky and will attract ants and mold WILL grow on their shit. I've never had them on my cannabis plants, but they LOVE squash and zucchini. They are easily controlled. I'd start with some safer garden soad, and foliar spray (UNDERNEATH) until runoff.

They are on almost every plant in the garden , these flies eat everything . My MJ plant has them for pretty long time and i dont see any signs on plant .And i dont think those flies create mold that atracts ants , the black flies create this shit, i once had them and there were ants eating the mold , then i put some mint around and now i rarely see any blackflies or are they called alphids ?

Greetings,

Not sure what's causing the Whiteflies (....deleted due to lack of knowledge on white flies...) but as a pro-active measure, I'd highly recommend getting a ton of lady bugs and letting them lose on your garden. It may be the flies are attracted to eggs or other stuff left by other insects which the lady bugs will devour, cleaning your garden.

Good luck.

Zafu
I can’t find ladybugs anymore. Whiteflies going nuts. I think there mostly on the underside of leaves. I spray em off. They come back. I’m putting fly paper things out now. Hopefully it will help some.

Try alternating between an iso/water mix, Castile soap and Spinosad. Between those three, you should be able get your white flies under control. You should only use Spinosad 6 times max.

I would pick off the affected parts at the least
Get some sticky traps and if they get bad you could use some home made insecticidal soap. Just mix a tablespoon of NON antibacterial dish soap with a cup of any kind of cooking oil and add two teaspoons of the mixture for every cup of water you put in the sprayer. i.e. 4 cups of water calls for 8 teaspoons of the soap oil mix. Spray the undersides of fan leaves with the mix and try not to spray it on the buds. I would cut off any buds they eat on because they lay eggs and can get out of hand fast.
Is this a good remedy for most pest or just flys?

Try alternating between an iso/water mix, Castile soap and Spinosad. Between those three, you should be able get your white flies under control. You should only use Spinosad 6 times max.
Hey thanks man! Whiteflies are gone. A lot of the pillers died and crawled out of a few nugs, and I am finding very few. I was trying real hard to not have to spray anything on em. But nobody want to smoke bugs and poison.

Make sure you wash your buds after harvesting to get rid of any residual product.

Back
Top Bottom