Hemp Scale

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
It’s tough to be witty when it comes to talking about a kitchen scale. So far, we’ve had to do more explaining as to why one would need or want such an item in their kitchen than anything else. For the sake of clarity, a nice digital scale will do wonders if you enjoy baking. Measuring cups and spoons are not terribly accurate, and baking works best with accuracy. A digital scale will provide you with a way to have foolproof measurements every time you bake.

This particular scale is pretty cool, because it’s made out of hemp plastic. Over the past few weeks we’ve done a fair amount of research on biodegradable plastics, and we’re quickly arriving at the conclusion that they’re great and an underutilized resource.

Our test kitchens are small, and multi-purpose, which means that the equipment we have around must also be reasonably sized and multi-functional. The i5000H Eco-plastic has a scale base with a medium sized bowl. The base is easily turned off and stored, so when not in use it won’t take up counter space. The bowl doubles as a nice mixing bowl when not being used with the scale. Together the two pieces don’t take up much room, so it never felt clumsy having an extra piece of equipment in the work flow.

The i5000H has easy to use controls. It also features net and gross weighing, a tare feature, a count feature and a very easy to read backlit display. The hemp plastic holds onto moisture a bit more than plastics you may be used to, so be prepared to spend a moment drying the bowl in between uses. Hemp plastic is still quite expensive to make, so the unit is being sold very close to cost and isn’t widely available. This unit retails for around $47, and can be found at Old Will Knott Scales.

21014.jpg

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: TrulyObscure
Copyright: 2008 trulyobscure.com
Website:TrulyObscure - article - domicilia - gadgeteer - Eco-Kitchen: i5000H Eco Plastic

Back
Top Bottom