Hempy Bucket Questions

hazyatbest

It's weird, I've spent so much time on this website over the past year and I never heard of the "hempy bucket" until recently. This seems like the perfect solution to increasing yields without havign to deal with the hassle that hydro can bring. I have a couple of questions about this method, I just wanted to get them out there before I go buying all these buckets and other materials.

1. This method seems very simply to me, so why did it take so long for me to read about it? Do you guys not use it very much? If it can create similar yields to hydro, but be that much easier, I would think a lot of people would use it.

2. My next question is about the first root going to the bottom of the bucket. Am I just gonna foliar spray the plant until I think it's down to the bottom(I know it doesn't really take that long)? Do I want to spray the top of the perlite or hydroton(whichever I use) and let it run down through a little bit?

3. My third question is about the nutes. I read stuff that said you want to use hydro nutes b/c it is essentially like hydro. Thats fine, but I have a pH tester, not a ppm tester. I know the more nutes in the water, the higher the ppm, right? So if you used like 1/4 strength nutes, that would be giving you a lower ppm, like that of early growth in hydro. Is it similar to soil in this sense, early on in soil you would use 1/4 strength nutes and then increase as the plant matures more. In hydro, you start out with a low ppm and increase as the plant matures. I guess my question is can I just give my plants 1/4 strength nutes early on and be close enough to the correct ppm that it won't mess my girls up? And then increase as it grows?

Hope I didn't get confusing.

Back
Top Bottom