Here To Learn, Mostly About Dabs

I've found that the more you know about a product,the better-just because someone works at a dispensary doesn't necessarily mean they know squat about what they're trying to sell you...like you said-they're trying to make a sale,not make a friend.

Yeah, the folks at my dispensary seem pretty knowledgeable, but it's also down to me to ask the right questions. With a forum set up, I can stumble upon other people asking questions I wouldn't have even thought to ask LOL

I can not say for sure if there are any defective or failure prone brands.

Generally when you hear of something like that happening it's the powercell that causes the issue more so than the cartridge itself. I'm inclined to believe that in most cases the battery has been abused. Either freezing, too hot, or too much bouncing around can be bad for them, a cheaply designed unit wont properly protect the user.

I make my own dabs and use a dab rig for them. Too much beyond that goes past my first hand knowledge.
I gotta buddy @TheMadDabber who's a whole lot more knowledgeable than I am. He's incredibly busy lately though but perhaps he'll have a chance to stop by here and lend his brain.

I can not say for sure if there are any defective or failure prone brands.

Generally when you hear of something like that happening it's the powercell that causes the issue more so than the cartridge itself. I'm inclined to believe that in most cases the battery has been abused. Either freezing, too hot, or too much bouncing around can be bad for them, a cheaply designed unit wont properly protect the user.

I make my own dabs and use a dab rig for them. Too much beyond that goes past my first hand knowledge.
I gotta buddy @TheMadDabber who's a whole lot more knowledgeable than I am. He's incredibly busy lately though but perhaps he'll have a chance to stop by here and lend his brain.

I've been considering getting a dab rig, but I wanted to start out simple because I've mostly just smoked flower, then switched to a desktop herbal vaporizer a little over a year ago. I've sprinkled kief before and it knocked me out, so I'm probably not ready for the full dab experience just yet LOL

Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to it!
I made a post in "Cannabis Oil"...Here's the link...
...I'll post pics when it's dry and ready...tomorrow :hmmmm:...it's 9:30pm here...Have a great time :passitleft:

This is most likely a dumb question, but are there vape pen brands that are considered safer? I know it's a super rare occurrence, but reading about those stories where a vape pen explodes has me a bit freaked out LOL
Those are mostly mods...where you build your own coils and use 2 batteries...there uncontrolled meaning it won't shut off after a 7 second blast..it makes the batteries hot and BOOM :rip:

I use a variable voltage 510 battery and a Seego V-Hit Rise dab coil...works fantastic :volcano-smiley:

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks, @Pepperbrew!

Those are mostly mods...where you build your own coils and use 2 batteries...there uncontrolled meaning it won't shut off after a 7 second blast..it makes the batteries hot and BOOM :rip:

I use a variable voltage 510 battery and a Seego V-Hit Rise dab coil...works fantastic :volcano-smiley:

That's reassuring! I've never actually been able to wrap my head around the mods. I even had a friend who used to run a dispensary try to explain mods to me. He explains things in a really complex way so I ended up more confused than before. Right now, I pretty much always vape at 193 degrees, so I'm not sure if I'd have the knowledge to get the most out of a variable voltage vape, but maybe in the future when I know what I'm doing a bit more LOL

Thanks, @Pepperbrew!

That's reassuring! I've never actually been able to wrap my head around the mods. I even had a friend who used to run a dispensary try to explain mods to me. He explains things in a really complex way so I ended up more confused than before. Right now, I pretty much always vape at 193 degrees, so I'm not sure if I'd have the knowledge to get the most out of a variable voltage vape, but maybe in the future when I know what I'm doing a bit more LOL
Well wow :hmmmm: IDK what temp I use...I just adjust it til I find the sweet spot :lot-o-toke:

My lost vape mod is infinitely safer than any unregulated mods. My 18650 batteries are more reliable than a built in powercell, they can also be replaced, unlike a built in.
I don't have any 420 cartridge's though. Just ejuice and a ss316 freemax mesh pro. My wife and I only vape with temp control. Fwiw

Back
Top Bottom