Here's my design, How's it look?

HighNoon

I've been out of the game for about 6 years, a lot of change has happened. What's best, HID or LED, Specialized grow tents. I don't want to mess with paint, sanitize, light locking a room. So I'm pretty sure I'm going tent. I also like the SCROG method, lots of potential based on an old idea. I've got a $800 budget for my new grow room. All of my old supplies are 1200 miles away and scary looking I'm sure. This is a list of equipment I plan on buying (I don't feel like build stuff from 2x4 and space blankets)

Ulti-lumenx 400w Hps/mh High Pressure Sodium Metal Halide Electronic Digital Grow Lights System w/ Timer

16" Adjustable Pedestal Black fan

Broan Model 512 6-Inch Through Wall Utility Fan, 90 CFM, 3.5

Ambient Weather WS-0101 Wireless Thermo-Hygrometer with Indoor Temperature and Outdoor Temperature and Humidity

HM Digital TDS-EZ Meter/Tester, Water/ppm/Purity/Filter

Marina 75 Air Pump

General Hydroponics PH Down Qt. - ACID

General hydroponic PH CONTROL - BASE-

Belkin 6-Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector

Standard 3/16" Flexible Airline Tubing for Aquariums, 8 feet

Deluxe Bubble Disk® 5" Aerating Aquarium Ornament - Penn-Plax®

General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit - Hydrofarm

Lux WIN100 Heating & Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat

General Hydroponics Eco Grower Max

GE 15153 Heavy Duty 24-Hour Mechanical timer

LED Wholesalers GYO1008 76-Inch x 48-Inch x 48-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent

General Hydroponics Flora Series QT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro - General Hydroponics

I like 400 watt HID, adjustable hood, 4' x 4' tent, and GH chems. I'm also a fan of their EcoGrower Max.

I need help on light height from plants as they grow, water/nutrient level in hydro system, air flow - this system will change the air every 1 1/2 min is that too much if such a thing. How often to change out water? I also saw "light movers" anyone use them, how do they compare?

Tell me I'm wrong, I'm missing something, or tricks. I'm hopping to start remembering what I used to do and ways to tweak it. I'm buying package fully Thursday so if I need more let me know. Everything in my list you can google to look at it to put it together in your head.

Thank you for your time.

4x4 is too big for a 400w even with a light mover... also in a tent you are going to need a air cooled hood...and you will need an inline fan bigger than 90cfm... you can get a 4" Valuline inline fan that's got a nice price and works good I have a few of the 6"'s from valuline...as far as light height from plants it all depends on how cool you can get your light if you use a aircooled hood with a good inline fan you could get a 400w a couple inches away from the plants I do it all the time and the temp is around 72...if your light is too hot for your hand it's too hot for your plants just check it with your hand. Try to get as much airflow as possible...and as far as water/nutrient level find some people using the same grow system as you and see what they use and use a little less then that to start out with and build your way up until you feel your plants are comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom