Hermi Horrors

leafy2

DSCF1014xx.jpg
DSCF1013xx.jpg

Recently bought a pack of 5 "The Church" seeds. Been a while cos the last batch I bought only had a 20% germination rate. Anyway, planted two seeds and all went well until the 2nd week of flowering when one plant showed its maleness. it was removed and the survivor carried on for another 10 days when I was presented with what you see in the attached photo. i've never experienced this condition before, and it doesn't look much like pictures of othe plants I,ve seen but I assume this is a dreaded hermaphrodite? Assuming it is I'll get rid of it, but that leads me on to my second question; I have three more Church seedlings on the go. given the track record of the strain so far, would you just dump them and begin again with something else or should I try preflowering them or something? I'm assuming that this process wouldn't have weeded out the hermi as it would have initially showed female traits?
I'd be really grateful for any advice- i'm away for a few weeks soon and will be leaving my tent in the charge of one of my kids, and I'd like to avoid them having to deal with anything untoward. Thanks.

PS. Anyone heard of other people having problems with "The Church"? first time I grew it it was superb, second time only 1 in 5 sprouted and this time.... does Arjan do refunds?

I thought hermis produced some flower too.
I'm sorry it turned out this way for you bro.
Cook them and make butter or brownies.

Yah grow them out, It will still produce some bud. However, when the male parts pop open and pollinate the female parts, the plants will focus their energy on producing seeds and not bud.

The seeds from these guys will also be hermaphrodite and so would a clone. If you have other seeds that you haven't planted, plant those and wait until you can determine their sex.

hi mate hermi horrors indeed......stress is often the common factor...althou bad genes is a factor too............i can highly recomend serious seeds..........i agree also if you have had a light leak ie light coming into your grow when the lights are off this will turn them hermie too.........ive also read that the bud you do have will be an awful smoke if you do indeed smoke it........hope this helps.......good luck on your next grow..........be lucky weedtastic

Back
Top Bottom