Hermy plant, damage done, need some advice

Hydroguy

Hi all, need a bit of advice

I was growing four plants, one went hermy didn't cop it, then pollen appeared, pulled plant straight away,l but damage done, they are entering 7 week of flowering and two of the plants church and wonder woman have seed poroduction on parts of them, but bud is still forming and masing quite well, other plant G13 Haze seems unaffected (prob because longer flowering time for this palant compared to others)

My question, i only have about 2 weeks of flower left with wonder woman and church, is it worth it to contine grwoing them, what will the potency from the bud be like.
on the up side i will have a shit load of seeds wonder woaman and white widow crossed, that should be interesting.

Also got some seeds from Barneys farm, cherry berry seeds (fem), anybody grow these, any info would be helpful

Peace :yummy:

Re: Hermy plant,,, damage done, need some advice

wolud the seed's from these plants be feminized?and how long will it take to form a proper seed?If your cherry berry is the same as the one thay offer at the cafe we were calling it cherry bomb.IT was all my wife wanted to smoke,sold body high with a great taste...peace

I don't know if I'd use those seeds - the plants would have hermi tendencies. As Ms. Fox taught me, hermies produce more hermies - female pollen sacs will produce femmed seeds.

I would let them all finish though - nothing more of a PITA than getting tiny unformed seeds out of a dried bud. I've had this problem a lot lately as one of my bagseed strains loves putting out female pollen.

Thanks guys,

In answer no i don't think they will be fem seds, as ox.. said seed may tend to have hermi tenendcies, which makes sense.

i will finsh out grow but what i am trying to find out is the potency of weed effected and if so to what degree.

My next grow i will be trying Bid budda Cheese, lemon skunk, cherry berry and roadrunner.

Peace

I just had this happen with one of my ladies, although I will mention that even though its packed with seeds, I haven't been as high as I was last night from smoking it in my life. The taste and the quality of the smoke is still amazing, and my strain is from mid grade bag seed

I don't think seeds affect potency, but the energy that the plant could be putting into developing bud mass is now focused on growing seeds. So the usable material may be just as potent, only in smaller quantities. I've read that seed production doesn't affect resin production - two separate processes.

Thanks guys,, at last some good news from this grow.

as my school reports used to read, can and must do better!!!!

Peace

Yeah, I would just grow them out, trim, cure, de-seed and enjoy. Seeds won't effect the potency that much. Producing feminized seeds involves pollinating a female with pollen from another female, and then back-crossing to stabilize, and so on and so on. And I probably left out a few steps and got the others wrong, but you won't accidentally produce feminized seeds. If it were that easy they wouldn't cost 4-5 times as much. Just check the temps, PH and TDS on your next grow cause stress can induce hermaphrodite traits to come out in some plants. If the plant has recessed hermaphroditic traits and it senses that it might not make it, it can try to pollinate it self.

Back
Top Bottom