Hermies! Need advice!

Kyle12308

420 Member
Long story short, I think I got some hermied plants....
I’m nearly 8 full weeks into flower and my buds just never seemed to develop as they have in previous runs with the same cuts. at this point, I’m usually chopping them down... I can see (what I think are) small seeds in the buds when looking closely and I think I see ‘bananas’ or whatever you wanna call em. I can post pics when the lights come back on if anyone can help me verify.
Had a few stints with lights going out and also had some high humidity problems at the start of flower. Pretty sure between those things, it caused them to hermie.

so my question is, would it be worth it to give my plants a few more weeks to see if they develop? Or should I chop them this weekend and spend my energy on the next run? Any advice is appreciated!!

Pics help a lot
here’s a couple I snapped this morning before heading out... lights still off so not the greatest quality.

in one pic you can see a seed which I circled. The other pic is showing the (under)development. It’s week 7.5 of an 8 week strain, which I’ve grown many times, and the cola is no thicker than my finger...

should I just chop em and move on?

Attachments

• A1CF7C1E-4B15-4854-A9FA-C15A26F5F2B0.jpeg
    A1CF7C1E-4B15-4854-A9FA-C15A26F5F2B0.jpeg
    777 KB · Views: 150
  • FCC98BC6-7BA4-46B4-9438-8951A267F8DE.jpeg
    FCC98BC6-7BA4-46B4-9438-8951A267F8DE.jpeg
    853.8 KB · Views: 135
Looks like too much nitrogen to me and that looks like a seed.

Plants grow a little different if they are seeded but not that much different. Depends on your genetics on how they react to pollination is my experience.

If they were hermaphodite you will see male bits. I don't see any. There could be a few nanners but your plants would grow normally with them.

To me, looks like over fertilization causing too much vegetative growth and small flowers.

Back
Top Bottom