Hermies

gaulen

420 Member
hello fellow growers!

i have 4 girls going in to week 7 of flower this monday.
they are all 4 clones of the same plant.
and they are starting to show good signs of hermies.
they have allready started to make seeds.
so, my question is: should i chop them down or just let it go?
there is allot of seed development on the lower branches.
i have picked off all the seeds i could find.
otherwise they look very healthy!
i will take a photo when the sun is up!
sorry for my bad england, but i'm from norway :)

Four clones from the same mother are exhibiting hermaphrodism? Trash them, along with the seeds they've produced. Unless your garden is the plant form of Hell, those clones are not producing opposite-sex flowers due to stress but, instead, are actual hermaphrodites - and you can, therefore, expect the same from their progeny.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Four clones from the same mother are exhibiting hermaphrodism? Trash them, along with the seeds they've produced. Unless your garden is the plant form of Hell, those clones are not producing opposite-sex flowers due to stress but, instead, are actual hermaphrodites - and you can, therefore, expect the same from their progeny.

That's my opinion, anyway.

forgot to take pictures, but the buds are big and good looking.
my timer got fucked so im thinking that might be the problem to why they started to hermie.
but im wondering if i should chop them now or let them go a bit further ? or will it be much more seeds?

forgot to take pictures, but the buds are big and good looking.
my timer got fucked so im thinking that might be the problem to why they started to hermie.
but im wondering if i should chop them now or let them go a bit further ? or will it be much more seeds?

If your light is a HID, are you using a contactor to bypass the current from the timer.

their mother is already smoked, without any seed.

Ah. In that case, I suppose it's entirely possible that you actually are just seeing a stress reaction. The seeds will be at least nominally female. Judgment call, I guess; if the stress level that caused the production of male flowers was HIGH, maybe you will be able to grow them out without undue fear that they will also produce opposite-sex flowers. Then again, maybe less stress would have still caused the production of some?

Plants will continue to produce seeds as long as there are viable female flowers and those flowers are being pollinated. IF you can remove all male flowers - and continue to do so - then the plants will not be producing more seeds. You might still see some, however, if you have some pollinated female flowers now.

Again, it's a judgment call at this point (and, again, assuming that this is a stress reaction in the first place, which does seem more likely now that I know the mother plant was fine all the way to harvest).

Regardless, good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom