Hermie - Harvest now or July 20th as planned?

greffon

question as listed in title. growing northern lights auto. harvest was supposed to be around july 20th but just uncovered hermie. my understanding is that it focuses on seed production only, or does it still produce some bud? contemplating whether or not i should wait out the week or harvest now.

IMG_371616.JPG
IMG_371912.JPG
IMG_371815.JPG
IMG_371710.JPG
IMG_371615.JPG
IMG_371513.JPG
IMG_371414.JPG

I don't believe that plant is hermie. Looks like swollen lady parts to me. Like Lester said, don't take her early because your worried about seeds. If it truly is sexually confused and she pollinated herself, a handful of NL Fem Autos doesn't sound like a terrible byproduct. I'd let her go an extra week or two if seeds are present. Good luck!

I don't believe that plant is hermie. Looks like swollen lady parts to me. Like Lester said, don't take her early because your worried about seeds. If it truly is sexually confused and she pollinated herself, a handful of NL Fem Autos doesn't sound like a terrible byproduct. I'd let her go an extra week or two if seeds are present. Good luck!

i popped a couple of them off and opened them up. looked like tiny seeds! you suggesting handful of seeds wouldnt be bad?

"swollen lady parts" aka she's pollinated? lol sorry can't keep up with the lingo!

If your talking about the fat calyx at each node, I believe they are just swollen/ripe. I have seen occasional seeds in them, but not often. If your plant went hermie, you should find seed pods throughout the buds (or at least in a general area of the plant) and not just at the nodes. Seeds aren't the end of the world, but rather a blessing in disguise (unless you are breeding). Northern lights is a classic. Autos don't give you the luxury of cloning so the seeds have a certain added value over photo seeds. I'm suggesting a handful of seeds would be great!

Have you found male parts on your plant or just what you think are seed pods? As for potency and weight... Yeah, you might find a slight difference in potency if you ran a controlled test through a chromatograph or a bit of a tip in the scales if weighed. All that said, the subtle mistakes you make through the the grow will have a tenfold impact vs mother nature's natural differences.

Taking a seeded plant 2 weeks early (just because it's seeded) would be far more detrimental to your harvest than letting it go the needed time. If it really is hermie and you have a room full of other plants, that's a whole different decision to make.

Keep us posted, I'd like to know if you actually have seeds in those pods. Good luck!

If your talking about the fat calyx at each node, I believe they are just swollen/ripe. I have seen occasional seeds in them, but not often. If your plant went hermie, you should find seed pods throughout the buds (or at least in a general area of the plant) and not just at the nodes. Seeds aren't the end of the world, but rather a blessing in disguise (unless you are breeding). Northern lights is a classic. Autos don't give you the luxury of cloning so the seeds have a certain added value over photo seeds. I'm suggesting a handful of seeds would be great!

Have you found male parts on your plant or just what you think are seed pods? As for potency and weight... Yeah, you might find a slight difference in potency if you ran a controlled test through a chromatograph or a bit of a tip in the scales if weighed. All that said, the subtle mistakes you make through the the grow will have a tenfold impact vs mother nature's natural differences.

Taking a seeded plant 2 weeks early (just because it's seeded) would be far more detrimental to your harvest than letting it go the needed time. If it really is hermie and you have a room full of other plants, that's a whole different decision to make.

Keep us posted, I'd like to know if you actually have seeds in those pods. Good luck!

well that's what i needed to hear. clear direction whether or not to continue or harvest now. i will go ahead and wait until the 20-24th for harvest now, seeds or not, i will be enjoying the bud.

i did also go with northern lights as i wanted my first to be a classic.

thanks so much for all the feedback, will keep posted.

Hey guys I want to add to this as I had some Fast bud auto seeds that were grown in my house in a closed tent that had those SWOLLEN calyxs and I thought shit!!!!!!! how'd she get seeded so I cracked the calyxes open and some were empty and some had these tiny whitish blackish looking seeds, but they were so small and not even formed. so I did some research as there was NO way that lady was pollinated and I didn't really find definitive answer. It's almost like our beloved plants have an (egg) so to say which is like these things I found in the calyxs that don't fully form or (the plant absorbs???) them if they aren't pollinated. because after that I started pooping those on everyone of my plants and found one of those tiny tiny tiny (egg/seed)<~~haha thingys in almost every calyx on the nodes. Just thought I"d share this as I don't think you have to worry! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom