Hermie?

Craigharley6

Hiya all
Can someone tell me if this plant has hermied on me please?, this is my 1st grow, i had a male, which i pulled, but the balls/pods on this look a lot different, they have got 2 white hairs coming out from them, some hairs are a little red/brown! I know females have white pistils so im a bit confused.. Thanks in advance.
aa1c16448a257455b62000feabac6491.jpg
83cd5a9c1906ff98ecf39b627eded4c4.jpg
a7f24a781ed0795958b1de43f52b7af7.jpg
56aa50072c81a7eb059adfc14957dac7.jpg

No female plant should have pods what so ever mate. From the pics I think that the plant is a hermie because I can see what I think are bananas forming. Also hermies will still produce its white pistles but it will also grow what look like little yellow bananas and they are very easy to spot. When ripe the bananas will produce pollen which will further seed up your plant.

420-magazine-mobile1145816398.jpg

These are call calyx's.. they are not male parts, I don't see any male parts actually.
Calyx's are a very important part of a female plant, when you have so free time I would suggest to look into them some more.
What about this pic though?
I know the difference to an extent, but its just throwing me cos they're so like pollen sacs!
a5ba71fda370ff2357b130a7012591ba.jpg

Nanners and male sacs are not the same just a fun fact. Every female plant has swollen calyx's that I circled in that picture.

Of course your reply is very true but there are defo bananas on these girls which isn't a very good thing when in the middle of flowering.

Yeah, I'm wrong. Looking at this pic again I think I can see male sacs forming.
420-magazine-mobile728535272.jpg

So you do see what I see lol. Yh that's exactly the 2parts I was just editing for you to look at but as you beat me to it I won't bother now lol. I'm 110% sure they are bananas and regarding the calyxs they look a little too swollen to be straight female and I've only ever known calyxs to fill out during the last 2 weeks of flowering. If you gently pinch those calyx you will see a tiny little pip come out of them which is the start of seed formation.

5 weeks into flower!.

Hey bro sorry to say that you got a hermie right there,

Your 5 weeks into flower and your bud sites are not as formed as they should be,
Calyxs are swollen to much which resemble seed formation
And finally the bananas are present which is a hermie give away.

Now that you have this hermie on your hands you need to take a look at how this plant has hermied to begin with,
What are your grow room temps ?
Have you got any light leaks during the dark period.
Was the plant pollinated by the male before you discarded it
What other stresses has the plant encounterd during flowering

Have a think about the possible reason as to why and start fresh and you will get it right for sure.

Good luck any way mate

So you do see what I see lol. Yh that's exactly the 2parts I was just editing for you to look at but as you beat me to it I won't bother now lol. I'm 110% sure they are bananas and regarding the calyxs they look a little too swollen to be straight female and I've only ever known calyxs to fill out during the last 2 weeks of flowering. If you gently pinch those calyx you will see a tiny little pip come out of them which is the start of seed formation.

I was catching up on last nights game of thrones episode and clearly had no business opening this app haha.
Glad that's all cleared up .

So even if the sac has two hairs white/brownish, coming out of it, it still can be male parts & pollinate?

Yes mate 100%. A female plants purpose is to produce seed, a hermie female don't always grow with male parts but it will shoot bananas which carry male pollen and fertilise itself as a attempt to produce seed for the next seasons. Some strains with weak genetics will hermie regardless.

Hey bro sorry to say that you got a hermie right there,

Your 5 weeks into flower and your bud sites are not as formed as they should be,
Calyxs are swollen to much which resemble seed formation
And finally the bananas are present which is a hermie give away.

Now that you have this hermie on your hands you need to take a look at how this plant has hermied to begin with,
What are your grow room temps ?
Have you got any light leaks during the dark period.
Was the plant pollinated by the male before you discarded it
What other stresses has the plant encounterd during flowering

Have a think about the possible reason as to why and start fresh and you will get it right for sure.

Good luck any way mate
Thanks for your words of wisdom & ill be startin again straight away, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom