paranoiamal

420 Member
Hey people!
This is a story about a poor and lonely male plant.

There once was a bagseed. It had seen it all during veg, you name it, cold temps, overfed, pests, totally random schedule, leaks, stripped almost to the bone numerous times. Even now it sees light for 13 not just 12h every day.
At first I thought it was a male, but just now the flower really started and most of the tops are shooting pistils.
In the picture you can see most tops have hairs (left), but theres also some with balls only (right).

I have a couple of questions regarding this:
1. What do you guys think will the self pollinated seeds be like? herm? fem? reg?
2. What would the seeds be like if this pollinated an actual female?

I know 8 years ago @exile19 wrote this about hermies to @Buckshot :
Dude google it, pollinating a female with HERMIE pollen will produce females, and hermies just produce high percentage of females with a chance of herming..google it
but this is a stressed out male turning hermie..
I thought most hermies are females growing balls, but this is a male growing hair. Or is hermie a hermie and there is no such thing as male hermie and female hermie?
herm1.jpg

Ya know. That’s a great question. Normally we’re dealing with females that hermie and in that case they make hermie-prone female seeds. They have no male genes.

Yes I’ve heard that males can hermie. Though I’ve never seen it. But what sex will the offspring be? Would it technically have any female genetics - I wouldn’t think so.
Hmmmm... :hmmmm:

Ya know. That’s a great question. Normally we’re dealing with females that hermie and in that case they make hermie-prone female seeds. They have no male genes.

Yes I’ve heard that males can hermie. Though I’ve never seen it. But what sex will the offspring be? Would it technically have any female genetics - I wouldn’t think so.
Hmmmm... :hmmmm:
That's exacly what i'm wondering... higher percentage of males maybe?

Good question, Sticky just had a male Pakistani Landrace pop out some pistils. He’s going to try and gather me some pollen to play with.
Can't wait to hear the results!

I remember many years ago @PotChimp mentioned he had a male go hermie. As far as I know he killed it. Maybe @Mr. Krip knows something?
I've been gathering some info from old posts on different boards, so a theory what caused this is - all the brutalization and stress of a male plus a diet high in phosphorus. If it pollinates a female the result should be reg, but if it pollinates itself - males, and, in theory, since male has both XY chromosomes and to be a female you need XX, also some lower percent of females (maybe?).

I remember many years ago @PotChimp mentioned he had a male go hermie. As far as I know he killed it. Maybe @Mr. Krip knows something?

I barely remember that, but I do remember that the male and female flowers grew apart from each other and the male parts were the first ones I saw.

I barely remember that, but I do remember that the male and female flowers grew apart from each other and the male parts were the first ones I saw.
Just a theory: if one were to cut off all the balls without the hair and continue giving toxic amounts of phosphorus and maybe stress, strip and brutalize some more, it would force it to actually grow some dank.

To people perhaps wondering why it was stripped numerous times - young wet leaves of the male of unknown origin (before showing signs of hermaphroditism) were ground first, then dried and pulverized, finally vaped and ripped through a bong. Though consumed in higher amounts than female flower, It was reported by a subject with zero tolerance due to long abstinence that the resulting effect was typical to that of a cannabis plant. One would assume that the consumption of the flowering tops would not require as much material for the same effect to be felt.

I don't know if I am allowed to post or credit users from other boards but it seems fair.
Elka on seedsherenow wrote:
[..]
I let one of my males that produces pistils/calyxes pollinate himself thinking i would get "masculinized seed"

To my surprise what i got was normal for this line, 70% females with half of the males showing feminine traits
[..]

@MountainMawma you shouldn't be sad, this actually is a miracle and a gift -

Had only one bagseed which turns out to be a male.
No females around to pollinate, it hermies and pollinates itself
offspring form a single bagseed male

Hey people!
This is a story about a poor and lonely male plant.

There once was a bagseed. It had seen it all during veg, you name it, cold temps, overfed, pests, totally random schedule, leaks, stripped almost to the bone numerous times. Even now it sees light for 13 not just 12h every day.
At first I thought it was a male, but just now the flower really started and most of the tops are shooting pistils.
In the picture you can see most tops have hairs (left), but theres also some with balls only (right).

I have a couple of questions regarding this:
1. What do you guys think will the self pollinated seeds be like? herm? fem? reg?
2. What would the seeds be like if this pollinated an actual female?

I know 8 years ago @exile19 wrote this about hermies to @Buckshot :

but this is a stressed out male turning hermie..
I thought most hermies are females growing balls, but this is a male growing hair. Or is hermie a hermie and there is no such thing as male hermie and female hermie?
herm1.jpg
hermies can be male or female dominant but has both parts. i have not heard if male dominant hermies create male-inized seeds lol i believe they create fem seeds with a chance of hermie, not 100% on that tho

Back
Top Bottom