Hey Hydro, Hempy growers...a little help with watering system please!

Giantsfan24

I was informed today that we are taking a vaca for a week and I need to build a system to water my plants while I'm gone.

My problem is that I've got 2 soil smart pots and one hempy bucket to take care of.

I thinking I'll only need to water 3 times in 7 days. Here's what I think I need:

1) 7 to 10 gallon container for water

2) pump at the bottom of that connected to 3 lines that lead into my pots

3) nozzles for the lines

4) the lines themselves (airline?)

5) a timer to turn the system on and off

I think I'll need to test it to see how long the system takes to spit out 2 quarts per plant (or for the hempy bucket, how long til the water comes out of the hole) or just for ease of calculation, one gallon per watering then set the timer accordingly.

My concern is drainage. My space is limited and I was thinking of another pump to suck the excess water out of some kind of community drain pan and either back into the reservoir or into another holding container.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Re: Hey Hydro, Hempy growers...a little help with watering system please!!

High Gianstfan24,

I think you might find some ideas on what you want to do in my grow journal. My plants are all passive hydro that drain into a collection system for reusing. Right now I hand water but for a vacation I can install a dripper system so it runs on autopilot. The link in my sig will take you there. :goodluck:

Re: Hey Hydro, Hempy growers...a little help with watering system please!!

High Gianstfan24,

I think you might find some ideas on what you want to do in my grow journal. My plants are all passive hydro that drain into a collection system for reusing. Right now I hand water but for a vacation I can install a dripper system so it runs on autopilot. The link in my sig will take you there. :goodluck:

I just looked at your setup..sweet. That's the idea I had..don't know if I need the drain setup for just a vacation watering system but I may for the hempy bucket...don't know yet.

Gonna go by my hydro store today and do some investigating to see what I can come up with.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom