Hey whats up guys!

al3k5

I'm new here, I have not really grown before, once but it never got too far. I'll be doing my first grow in August here going by Redman's thread on growing using Deep Water Culture. I'm still wondering what type of lighting I will be using. I really want to use HID but I may do CFL. HID just seems easier because I don't need more than 1 or 2 lights. If you guys have any advice let me know! Thanks!

:welcome:al3k5, we at 420Mag are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and information across the globe. About the lights you must take into consideration the space available, $$, to spend on lights and what u are looking to achieve. CFL's are fine first grow then move up to HID and be prepared for the electric bils that look like mortgage payments lol
If there is anything we can assist you with just ask away.

Hello al3k5 :welcome:
Wingman508 gives great advice and I'll add start slow.
There many Great Grows here using CFL...Many.
Keep reading and Researching Knowledge is Green Power. ;)
Remember we all started like you.
Continue to Enjoy yourself here.
Need any help understanding The Member Features here. Please ask.
Hope to see you around.
Happy Growin' :yummy:
:roorrip: :peace:

Hi al3k5, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
After using everthing but LEDs to growand flower cannabis, I like T5s and CFLs the best.
If I get to use a LED in the future this may change. ;)
Do read all you can so you make an "educated" decision.
The only thing stopping me using an LED panel is the price.
If you start a grow log, You'll recieve help. :grinjoint:
I hope to see you in the forums making friends.
:peace:

:welcome:al3k5, we at 420Mag are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and information across the globe. About the lights you must take into consideration the space available, $$, to spend on lights and what u are looking to achieve. CFL's are fine first grow then move up to HID and be prepared for the electric bils that look like mortgage payments lol
If there is anything we can assist you with just ask away.

I'll be growing in a walk-in closet. Dont know the dimensions, but probably 5 by 8. I guess I can see what you mean, but I do have the money, will the electric bills with the HID get to the point of suspicion? I'll be growing probably like 2-4 plants for my first grow, dont want to go overboard :yahoo:

And thanks again to all you guys with the warm welcome!:thanks:

Thanks a lot you guys! I appreciate all the help and support you have and will give me in the future. I will deff keep you up to date with my grow soon as I start it, and I deff plan on starting a growing journal when I do. I will also deff do a very thorough grow journal for those who will need to learn after me!:slide:

With an HID light the temperature becomes an issue and will require exhaust fans and such. I prefer using CFLs to veg and then I use a 600w HPS, 150w HPS and a bunch of CFL bulbs to flower. With a space like 5x8 I would go with a 600watter but that's just me. I had my 600w running 18/6 for about a month and my electric bill only went up about 30 bucks.

Welcome! You are definately joining a knowledgable family here, make good use of all the info you can find here. Are thinking of single batch or perpetual harvest? With the size of the area, you could go with a 600 w HPS (I prefer the Hortilux bulbs) and some CFL's for for a clone/veg area. Not quite a SOG (sea of green), but enough space to get a decent harvest on a monthly basis. At least til you catch the bug and start thinking of ways to expand, lol.

Back
Top Bottom