Hey

Way to join up dmvguy!:welcome: 420 Create Cannabis Awareness is what it is all about. So roll your sleeves up take a seat:nomo: and enjoy. If there is any special information you are looking for let us know. Cool? :roorrip: :peace:

1)Ok i just tried to start my first grow last night around 8pm in my bathroom tub...I germinated 2 seeds from a nice batch of green that i had and saw the roots come through last night...I have one i'm starting in a styrafoam cup and one in a 4" plastic flower pot just to experiment...both potted with "All Purpose Potting Soil with Fertilizer" and a bag of "Perlite" half and half...

2)I have 4/26watt CFL's and 2/120 Grow Lights with the aluminum reflectors on them at all angles...i made a small not so deep hole with a pencil, dropped seed root first and watered till moist...

3Does this sound like i did things right and is this enough light to get things started, if so how long would it take for the seed to sprout?

Welcome to the group dmvguy, you're in the right place ;)

You won't need any lights until they're showing leaves.

Grow lights? what kind of grow lights dude?

For CFLs you're better off going 'cool white' until flowering.

I take it the seeds have already split? If not you should remove them from the soil and place them in a container with cotton wool + water until they're ready.

hey StonyGeoff what's up buddy, yeah the seed split already and i dropped it in the soil last night.. so ur saying the seed is going to sprout without lights?

hey cocojoe how r u champ, i don't need any light once i plant them in the soil? i have the light on them now will this stop it from sprouting, should i turn them off until the seed sprouts?

Thanks alot Stony, one more thing about how long should it be before i see it sprout, do i just check up on them everyday and at the first sight of sprouting then hitem with the lights?

ur right Stony i am, i'm just an eager guy with everything i do but i know i'll have to be patient with this project, hey thanks again buddy, and i'll get back with u and let u know how things turn out...

hey dmv, welcome to the site. cant get past your name since i hate my local DMV. lol

glad you are getting some help here. a lot of good info. sounds like everything is going good. stoney is right on.

try to get some pics when they start popping out of the soil. here is a thread that will help you with that. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
also you can start a grow journal to document your grow and get A LOT of help.
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

i'm sorry, but you need at least 1 light running in case the seeds sprout while your away or asleep. they use the light even though they have no leaves as a que to open up and spread their starter leaves which can just take a few hours usually. you can use your smallest light since they don't need much as sprouts, but they DO need the light as soon as they pop up or they might not be as strong, straight, or developed as they should be when they should be. i keep my lights on 24/7 starting from the time i plant the seeds cause they germ' faster if the soil's warm, also the heat from the lights acts as a beacon to guide them up to the surface, as well as helping to dry the soil some by evaporating the water which releases oxygen to the soil promoting good root development. you wanna keep your soil from being too wet and rotting the roots before they can develope or mold forming on the surface which can happen in small containers left in a cool, dark place.

remember the first few hours can be just as critical as any other stage of life so you wanna give them the best grow conditions to ensure a strong healthy plant. don't skimp on them at the beginning and they won't skimp on you at the end!!;)

happy growing :peace: +rep

nbk has a lot of good points in there as well. Kudos nbk, it's been a while since my last grow (almost a year) I'm getting rusty hehehe. I'll be glad to get back into it this summer, grease up those wheels again.

PS nbk they'll still grow up anyway due to gravity.

ur right Stony i am, i'm just an eager guy with everything i do but i know i'll have to be patient with this project, hey thanks again buddy, and i'll get back with u and let u know how things turn out...

Can't wait man :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom