Hi all newbie here

Ok if meters scrap what I said about hps being to hot, my bad u said budbox I assumed u meat a small box :( ur tent size will handle anything hps up to 1000w with proper cooling. I run a 4'x4'x6.5' tent an a 1000w just need a good extraction fan :) sorry again my bad for jumping to conclusions

Ok if meters scrap what I said about hps being to hot, my bad u said budbox I assumed u meat a small box :( ur tent size will handle anything hps up to 1000w with proper cooling. I run a 4'x4'x6.5' tent an a 1000w just need a good extraction fan :) sorry again my bad for jumping to conclusions

Ahh perfect thats ok then mate bud box is the brand of the tent lol i can stop panicking now lol. yh I'm looking at getting a air cooled light if not a decent size exhaust fan to extract heat out a isolating fan and a intake fan to bring fresh air into the tent. no worries bud thanks for telling me

Three cheap Chinese lights grew this and 3 other plants .....
420-magazine-mobile1926984657.jpg
420-magazine-mobile779639190.jpg
420-magazine-mobile345894832.jpg
Early Miss autoflower from CKS about 9 ounces

LED is gonna be your best bet. You can get the cheap Chinese ones or there are much more expensive, more efficient models from sponsors on here. I got a California Light Works Solar System LED and I'm VERY happy with it this far. Lifetime warranty on the lights and I can even program entire season changes thru spectrum if I want. They are worth every penny.

LED is gonna be your best bet. You can get the cheap Chinese ones or there are much more expensive, more efficient models from sponsors on here. I got a California Light Works Solar System LED and I'm VERY happy with it this far. Lifetime warranty on the lights and I can even program entire season changes thru spectrum if I want. They are worth every penny.
Thank you ok so maybe i should look more into leds then. I bet them ones cost a pretty penny though dont they. I know its not the right rule of thumb but as its my first time i didnt want to go to mad on expense

Wiley and everyone else here is giving you good advice.

I run two 600W HPS in a 4x6' (1.2x1.8 meter) area. 3 years ago, I started out with those 2 lights in a 4x8' room. The shop told me they would each cover 4x4' (1.2x1.2 meter) but they really don't. For my taste, their sweet spot of coverge is 20x38" (.75 x .95 meters) That's really better for 2 plants than 4 plants. You can grow 4 plants but they won't be as robust as 2.

If I were starting today, I would buy either a 1000W HPS (to cover the whole tent) or a some of the COB LEDs that are hitting the market. Some assemble it yourself kits of COB LEDs are similar in price or lower than a 600W HPS, air cooled hood, and ballast. They are just hitting the market (I've seen 2 growers here on 420), but the prices are low enough that if I get an extra $200 I may convert one of my HPS 600W lights. I've had my lights for 3 years, so I don't chase trends, but this may be the time to save money in exchange for brighter light.

If you run HPS in a tent, you definitely want a good extraction fan, someplace to push your hot air, and a carbon filter to scrub the smell if your neighborhood is sensitive to aroma. For LEDs, an extraction fan is optional. For HPS, with all that heat, it's mandatory- even in a 60 F (15 C) degree basement :)

Welcome to :420: I love growing cannabis :)

Thank you ok so maybe i should look more into leds then. I bet them ones cost a pretty penny though dont they. I know its not the right rule of thumb but as its my first time i didnt want to go to mad on expense
They were not cheap but comes with a lifetime warranty. The cheap Chinese you can find on eBay. As per forum rules I'm not allowed to say the company name as they are not forum sponsors but if your interested just pm me and I am tell you.....

Hi radogast and thanks for your help and information. ok i was looking at using one 600w HPS in a 1.2mx1.2mx2.0m tent to do 4 plants so maybe then if thats the case i should go 1000w HPS. i hear a lot of people talk about these COBS but aint got a clue hat they are lol. as I'm from the uk i take it ordering from america or canada places like that its going to cost a fortune in postage and customs unless i can find a good uk based company which is probably unlikely lol. Extraction fan is a main item on my list going to go bigger that needed to keep noise down but good extraction efficiency.

They were not cheap but comes with a lifetime warranty. The cheap Chinese you can find on eBay. As per forum rules I'm not allowed to say the company name as they are not forum sponsors but if your interested just pm me and I am tell you.....

yh thats pretty good that they come with lifetime warranty ok mate no worries i understand ill drop you a pm now

I run the blackdiamond perfectsun goliath.the best 1000w led light about id say to be fair.its performance matches a 1000hps setup if not better;).and the cost is unbeatable also.and niel aka ledrf does put the light at a lower cost value so u dont get bummed on shipping.and he ships to the uk.he is sponsor and a grower on here.look up his name ledrf.and google blackdiamond perfectsun lights.hope this helps;)

Hi Folks,
Just joined up. Been into the 420 almost 50 yrs now. I will be purchasing an Aero Garden Bounty Elite and 'Grow Anything' pod kits. I'm wondering which seed strains will work best (highest THC content)? Has anyone used the Aero Garden? Care to share any recommendations/tips?

Thanks! :)

Hi Folks,
Just joined up. Been into the 420 almost 50 yrs now. I will be purchasing an Aero Garden Bounty Elite and 'Grow Anything' pod kits. I'm wondering which seed strains will work best (highest THC content)? Has anyone used the Aero Garden? Care to share any recommendations/tips?

Thanks! :)

Welcome to :420: Vietvet.

If you've been smoking for 50 years, whats your favorite strain? Do you like the sativa 'get-er-done' high, or the indica 'in-da-couch' high?

I took a look at the Aerogarden elite. It's not really the right thing for growing cannabis unless you want a pretty little plant for a conversation piece. You'd be lucky to grow an eighth with that, and it would have to be an autoflower seed or you would have to build a tent around it. I suggest you spend your money on something more practical :)

How much cannabis do you want to harvest in 6 months or a year of growing?

Thanks for the quick response, I'd like to do a lb or two per season. My thoughts were to start in an aero garden, and, after it reached its max ht, transplant it outdoors. I'd have to fence it, as there are lotsa deer and other grazing animals lurking about. This would be my first attempt at growing my own.

Further, Im not sure about the strains. I've been doin' whatever was available at the time. I've been looking at the CK site... just not sure what strain packs the most punch? Any suggestions there? Growing is all new to me! :)

Thanks for the quick response, I'd like to do a lb or two per season. My thoughts were to start in an aero garden, and, after it reached its max ht, transplant it outdoors. I'd have to fence it, as there are lotsa deer and other grazing animals lurking about. This would be my first attempt at growing my own.

If you want to go outdoors, I suggest you head over to Conradino's thread. He's been growing outdoors for years(decades?) The dude is also semi encyclopedic about marijuana strains - as a others who hang out there. Those folks would probably love your questions :)

Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed Stock

Before you ask about strains, you need to pick at least one old favorite (hash,columbian from the 70s, Thai Stick, OG Kush.)

Also, are you looking for a sativa 'get-er-done' high, or an indica 'in-da-couch' high? It's an important distinction :)

Lot's of folks raise both. 4 daytime sativas and 2 nightime indica raised outdoors would be a good blend and a monster stash for many people.

Back
Top Bottom