Hi im Isaac, and i am currently enROLLed at HOW HIGH UNIVERSITY-class now in SESSION

silverp124

:allgood: They found my bowl in my buddies room and i appealed it but got high the night before ...i think, and forgot and had to write this paper that put me on probabtion this semester at SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, all stoners will love this paper, lets just say i was "STINKIN IT TO THE MAN", and ladies please write especially you must agree

MOD - *Removed your warning, it was very rude. You are among stoners and friends. No need for things like that. Thanks*

Marijuana Module Synthesis

First I would like to start off by saying the marijuana module informed of important facts, studies, and a general overall knowledge of marijuana. I am writing this paper due to a missed hearing which they found me guilty because of my absence. Although I would have liked to argue my case, there is nothing I can do now besides write this paper from which I have watched a module on. Through the module I have learned about marijuana's effect on the body and mind, yet there is no mention of the spiritual effect that marijuana has and this is what I would like to write my paper on. Mr. Hoffman I am pretty sure you have read a myriad of papers pertaining to what students have learned from the module, and granted I now know more from this experience which I had not already knew. However, I enjoy writing and I would like to present a case in which I would be displaying my own ideas, analysis, and reaction towards the given module in the only way I know how.

In the PowerPoint presentation, slide 94 of 106, it mentions, "While people are entitled to their own opinions as to the worthiness of this issue". Well this is a serious issue and in my opinion marijuana is a spiritual outlet to those that are just trying to find themselves. "It is not inherently good or evil, it just is. Any other values we ascribe to it are our judgments or projections". Individuals that believe marijuana is "good" are usually the people that find themselves psychologically addicted to the substances and in most cases, regarding these individuals, other drugs. Individuals that believe marijuana is "evil" are the same people that fall into influences, temptation, and the sociological imagination scheme themselves. I tend to be neutral on the subject and agree with the module that it is not "good" or "bad" per se but just simply is. See this idea that marijuana is a gateway drug is not necessarily true because individuals make choices based on the power of their will.

Elaborating more on this topic, so many people go through their lives with negativity, a feeling of emptiness, lost; regret, depression and many of the other social ills in are ever present world. Well for thousands of years marijuana has been used for many purposes, mostly recreational, and relating back to the PowerPoint presentation this drug has been used for religious purposes in some cultures. I would like to expound upon this one particular area because it has been of interest to me for while now even before the module. Personally I do smoke weed occasionally and I am neither ashamed nor afraid to admit it because I do not believe in false representation of self so I guess you could say I have done my research.

When I smoke I get high. This substance is mind-altering and causes neurochemical changes to the brain, which then affects how we think, function, and feel. I guess the fascination of drugs is it serves a spiritual relief, unconsciencely, from this physical world that has many dilemmas. Some people believe that marijuana is what causes people to cause havoc in society. Now granted there are those that make "stoners" look bad but then again is this not the case in any other grouping of people which gives them a bad name? For example African American males are a prime example in which the general society would label them as criminals. Now society is a collective "agreement" on what is proper in terms of what should be said, done, whatever the case just so everyone should act accordingly. Well those are limitations, and I do not believe in limitations because, like marijuana, limitations is psychological and is only set forth in front of us by ourselves, considering the set limitations that are put in front of us by others which is allowed by most. Also rules are meant to be broken, bid you not respectively and wisely yet they are still meant to be challenged. This is just another example of complementing poles which we are apart of: ying-yang, good and evil, positive and negative, and so on they are present so there forth it is卼ruth. However the truth hurts and many people do not like truth, nor do they like to be challenged, and this is strength of will which most people lack.

When I smoke I do not only get high but I get to see, feel, and react towards the world in a different way outside my own way of thinking, no on second thought, in actuality it is my own way of thinking I am just outside the box that I was put in when I was born(you may say the curse of Adam "condemned" to live life making our own heaven or our own hell). I am a very religious person, although I have no one set religion, and was so before I started smoking and marijuana has only advanced my intelligence, my understanding, my social skills, and overall, and most importantly my way of being. When I am mentally elevated, my spirit follows and I go to a higher ground, possibly heaven, and it is true that laughter is music to the soul and I enjoy my laughter when I am either high or sober. With the assistance of weed I can continue to live a content lifestyle in this "hectic" world of aimless busy-bodies who can not take the time to appreciate their own lives as well as others and the importance of being.

These "lives" that are in constant search, struggle, and suffering is no way to live at all. Possibly because,"It is not inherently good or evil, it just is. Any other values we ascribe to it are our judgments or projections". In Christianity, God is the only one that judges and although it is acknowledged by people of "faith" it seems quite short-lived from time to time. So "lives" that put emphasize on what is "good" or what is "bad" are not appreciating the NOW of what really is. Instead of co-existing and compromising many are proud in thought, actions, and there own words which they stay "true" to. However, in the same process they are not accepting the thoughts, actions, and spoken words of others expression of the soul because of the idea of difference being socially unacceptable. Quote "I can not hear the words you are saying towards me because who you are as a person speaks much louder"-Don't Know. Close mouths don't get fed, and these same people are rarely considered wise, not intelligent, but wise.

People enjoy their own momentary outlets themselves, such as um卪aterialism and this does not make sense to me at all the same way how "they" might view "stoners". "They" might feel that we are wasting money, no its called spending money on people you admire and enjoy being around, if only for that time being we are all one in the same with the same purpose and this is why so many of our youth bond through social substances such as smoking as well as drinking but this is neither the time or the paper to discuss that separate issue all together. A good movie to watch, which I highly recommend, is called "Awakening Life" and in it there is the topic of "holy moments". These holy moments are felt by participating individuals that feel something that can not be explainable at a certain time, place, and peoples when it is present. Well I believe smoking groups/buddies even though "they" might not be aware of it they are taking apart of it and somewhat serves as a mass to the Generation X which is presumed to be dragging down society.

"In order to win in life one must participate"-Chinese Proverb. The difference is that every generation clashes with previous ones possibly because the strong survive and change is needed in an advancing society; technically as well as psychologically. This is just our generation, a generation of liberation among people, ideas, and actions that is being suppressed by not the "Man" but ourselves that follow a set way. The attempt to legalize marijuana is very broad and vague, yet one day if I have the time I would propose a bill to Congress, yet I am pretty sure it would never get passed even with all the reasoning in the world because it is "them" that predominantly dictate society to what are the norms, and the liberation for us smokers may never be won because of the contradiction of politics and the basic principles of the Constitution which are disregarded regularly.

Mr. Hoffman I am not quite sure what was expected of me but I do not believe in expectations as well and I tend to follow my heart and allow it to flow as I have done with these words across the required 5 pages. I have changed a lot because of marijuana and owe a great deal of my life to it because I now have a stronger relationship with God and I could honestly say most people should at least try something before they put there opinion on it, generally speaking. It is really quite amazing how this paper has really helped me in understanding some of my own thoughts which I would have never put down if it wasn't for these paper, and I like to believe that everything has a reason, a sequence of unexpected circumstances if you will. I could have wrote all the facts that was presented in the module about medical, biological, and so on about marijuana but that has already been done. Concluding, I would like to say thank you Mr.Hoffman for your time and consideration of this synthesis and look forward on hearing your opinions.

Hey man i gotta admit i read most of it but im too high too remember what it was about. Anyway ill be at southern illinois next year, Still gonna be there??

Back
Top Bottom