Hi!!

pedrolyte

Hi everyone,

I live in the UK and have been toking for @ 25 years now; way back then, you could score Lebanese hash that came in cloth covered, gouda cheese size wheels; yellow and red leb; slate style hash of various types, ranging from dry and sandy to green and sticky; pretty good Moroccan (Rocky ..remember that?!); sticky black hash from places like Pakistan and Afghanistan, with pretty, embossed gold leaf symbols, and gold seal or red seal, but you rarely came across weed; sometimes something fabled like Thai stick or random sensimilla would turn up with a back-packing friend, but that was about it.

Nowadays it's a lot more difficult, this market has been flooded with cheap, shitty, ultra-adulterated soap bar that is a crime against nature, and poorly cured, half-assed skunk. If you know a few people, then there are still some treats to be had, like some really nice-but-pricey oil, recently, and a fairly regular, secret supply of clean Morrocan style blond hash, grown and pressed by some enlightened people in Portugal. Oh well, Holland is only a couple of hours away, and I recently got back from Canada where we scored some of the nicest, tastiest buds that I have smoked in a long time.

Anyway, 25 years and I've only just got round (DOH!) to thinking about growing my own .. it's a plant for chrissakes! How difficult can it be?! :dreamy: Why haven't I ever grown my own before?! :hmmmm: It will be great to take myself out of the mainstream loop, supporting criminals who don't give a sh1t about quality .. damn! It's almost a moral obligation!!

Well, I am in the research stages at the moment, I have books and an empty closet and once I have finally decided on the method and got hold of some good seeds I will be ready to go, hopefully before xmas.

This site is great; I have been salivating over the amazing pictures of bubble hash, oils and buds and I am looking forward to contributing details of my forthcoming project, and future successes, hopefully!! I am sure that I will benefit gratefully from the sage advice of you seasoned horticulturalists, so thanks, in advance!

And that .. is me! :riskybusiness:

High and welcome to the 420 community. It's nice to have another long time smoker join us. I know you'll make a great addition, and I hope you'll keep posting your thoughts.

Ahh...yes, the good ole days. I never had the pleasure of getting a lot of hash, but those four finger lids for 10 bucks was the bomb.

The pics of buds on the site makes my mouth water...I hope when you get started growing you'll start a grow journal so we can all watch how your garden grows.

Peace and happiness:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom