HID or LED - Serious discussion needed

Setsuna

So i have done a ton of research so much so that my eyes hurt along with my back. I wanna start off by saying I own both LEDs and HID. I have used the LEDs for my 1st and 2nd grow and got "Popcorn" buds dont get me wrong REALLY good quality just not a lot of weight. So I decided to buy HIDs and today is the 1st day im using them and now I understand what you guys mean by heat...its wow is all I can say.

Even though I have switched from LEDs to HIDs and I dont know which will prove better a lot of the research i did ends up bringing me to posts about LEDs from 2008 so I wanted to start a new discussion on it.

To clarify I made the switch not just because of the popcorn buds but also because I put some CFL's in with my LEDs and the plants started to lean towards the CFL. Both types of lights were about..5-6 Inches away from the plant.

So what are your experiences with LEDs/HIDs and what do you think as of now for 2014?

My Experience - 2 90w UFO's (45x3w) Not so good but then again most people i see with LEDs have those expensive ones that are like $500+

my post count is too low to pm would you be interested in selling the leds??

im trying to get some leds but ebay is a rip off! $30 for 14w led panel and i doubt 14 w can grow shit

Back
Top Bottom