High from Maine

rkeywood

Just joined this morning & thought I'd introduce myself some. I just got my MMJ card & am starting my first grow. Am experimenting with a couple growing methods I have learned & they both sound pretty nice. The first is LST (less stress training) How-To : LST (Less Stress Training) and the second is a Multi-Tier transplant. tried sharing this link but it didn't work, but here's a pic that should at least show what I mean. Will post in another thread the "instructions" or if anyone wants em before I do that, just drop me a line & will get it to you.
Cannabis has helped my condition (Fibromyalgia) more than I ever imagined. I have been a recreational smoker all my life, and quit for many years. When I found out cannabis worked I had to try again. I am soooo glad I did. It has reduced my need for opiates to control pain (I still need them, but not nearly as much)
Peace & Happiness to you all :allgood:

Hi rkeywood! Fellow Maniac here! Just joined myself and share your condition. Lucky you in getting a doctor that actually believes that Cannabis helps Fibromyalgia. Not so lucky here.
My Dr just wants to keep pouring all that chemical crap into me that doesn't work, stops working, or I just can't take. I know for a fact that nothing works for me like a nice little smoke! Time for me to take it into my own hands and hope I can stay outta trouble..lol
Good Luck**Peace

Where are you at in Maine? There's an amazing Dr in Falmouth by the name of Dustin Sulak. He's young (31) and the only (i believe) Dr in this state that will recommend. I have never met such a truly caring dr. He's pulling all the stops to get cannabis legal. If you have your medical records, you're good to go.
Here's his link, Integr8 Health LLC - Leader In Maine Medical Marijuana under resources there's some great videos of some of his lectures.
Let me know how it goes. I have other links concerning all the laws that have changed here recently (so much easier on a patient now)
Take care & if ya need to talk, hit me up any time
Peace

:welcome: to 420Mag we are here to spread Cannabis News and Information that is credible and up to the minute worldwide. I love Maine and considered moving there a few years ago but got divorced instead. Anyway if there is anything we can help you with just ask. There is no bad question only the one that was not asked.
Peace

Hi again. Tried too send ya a pm but wont allow it yet. I live in augusta and would love any and all info on the medical card issue. But another thing I have against me is that I'm one of those people who hate going to the doctors. And even though I've mentioned my rls and aches and pains during annual physicals, nothing is really documented. Not sure i've ever mentioned my depression although most in my family are well aware of it. And since I refuse to take any pills...stomache issuse with them...advil only when I absolutely have too, I just 'deal with it'. But I'm getting real tired of just dealing knowing there's something safe and more effective than anything else with no side affects. How long would a condition have to be treated in other ways before a recommendation could be made? Or is it my choice as to how I want to medicate?

Well, I would like to move to a medicinal state in prolly about another year. I just need to find one where I can survive the cost of living and find reasonable housing. Is that Maine?

Hi friends,

I am new to the forums as well. I'm a card carrying patient of Washington State. In recent headlines with dispensary/community garden raids along the west coast I am unsure if having a "prescription" is worth the risk of it. I am wondering if a person has a legitimate illness and keeps documentation if they have an affirmative defense with or without a medical marijuana card..I would think so. Just a thought.

They're raiding the big grows, they don't have the resources to target individual patients, ESPECIALLY if you have a medical card and are using it legitimately.

They're definately not going to waste police resources, prosecuting resources, and court resources, just to lose a case where the best outcome for them is a $100 fine.

Don't sweat it, as long as you're not trying to sell it, or smuggle it you're fine.

Following the biggest raid on pot dispensaries since voters approved the state's medical marijuana law in 1998, Seattle U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan said Wednesday her office doesn't have the ability or inclination to shut down every dispensary in Western Washington - but authorities won't turn a blind eye to flagrant violations, either.

"Some people have said the law's confusing," Durkan said. "There's nothing confusing about the illegal conduct they were doing. Everyone knows you can't sell pounds of marijuana out the back door to someone who's not sick. You can't sell Oxycontin pills."

Welcome -
Im new myself - My mother suffers from fibro too and I have seen her go through some pretty tough times with Dr's changing her meds or just cutting her off - it's awful I know that she partakes as often as she can to avoid chemical junk from big pharma - good luck to you and here's to seein' you on the flipside!

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom