Hookah Problem

confidncecrm

Okay so I have only one real problem with my current hookah, neither of the gromets fit tightly. The one ataching the hose to the hookah and the one that attaches the bowl to the hookah. I have just been taping the hose and letting the bowl just sit on top. It gets the job done but it feels like i should be using the parts it came with. What can I do about this?

The problem you maybe having is due to the rubber piece that goes with the hookah. I would go back to the place you purchased this and ask for another one. From my experience with hookah's this is the major problem. You have to invest in a good hookah and the price range can be from $59 to the better models around $150. More expensive models are available but they more like a piece of artwork. I would recommend finding a middle eastern market in your area and you will find many hooka's to choose from. They also call the hookah shisha or arghela as well. I really do enjoy the "hookah" and they are great for even smoking without MJ. The most important factors in using a hookah are as follows:

1). Make sure there are any air gaps in the unit
2). Make sure the proper amount of water is correct (dip the bottom piece of the pipe is no more than 1/4 in the water.
3). and make sure that the charcoal is hot and burning. Only place one charcoal at a time. The foil on the top should be pierced with a toothpick to make ample air circulation.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, please free to ask.

S4arah

yeah try getting new rubber grommets. then when you go to put it in put some water around the pieces that go together. makes a better seal. but yeah ask the peoples you bought it from.

Thanks guys, I ordered it online from socialsmoke.com, but yeah I've pretty much determined it's a cheaper hookah cause there are a lot of minor problems. I live in utah so finding a store that carrys hookahs is lol dificult to say the least. Plus you have to be 19 to buy cigs or paraphenlia here and I'm only 18. But I do want to invest in a better hookah someday. Seems like you know a lot about hookahs though s4arah

I know a little about hookah's for I spent time traveling around the world and got to enjoy the wonders of a well prepared hookah (now I have over six hookah's of my own). This I believe is the best way to smoke that is filtered and as well gives a great way to relax. maybe look at the different options for getting a nice hookah. I would highly recommend you try the flavored tobacco (my favorite is strawberry or mixed fruit). The mix in some even has honey added into it. If you plan on smoking with MJ, make sure you mix it in between the flavored tobacco. You can smoke the hookah for hours if you learn to be patient. Make sure that you do not take short intakes and take deep draws and hold it in and let the smoke go slowly out. I have not smoked MJ now for well over six months (due to not being able to find in my area) and let me tell you... you will really like the experience with the flavored tobacco and MJ. Please do let me know how it goes for you. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thats awesome, I've just barely gotten into to hookash, and unfortunately I havent had bud for quite awhile, when I do I will try that though. My favorite shisha is grape x strawberry, mixed fruit and arabian coffee. But all I have is al-waha and I don't like it that much. Actually I do have one question still, I have a metal thing with holes in it which clearly fits over the bowl, is this meant to put coals on or some sort of cover to come back to it later?

Someone stole mine and my homeboys hookah how I don't know cause that fucker was huge.

If your having trouble with the grommets just dont use them. instead what i used to do back in the day is get a strip of paper towel wet and wrap it where the grometts wud go. You gotta make it wet enough and thick enough that when you push your bowl down on it and twist u can see sum water drip down around. This creates and airtight seal...make a wrap for your hose also and ur good to go. To check if ur hookah is adequatley air tight, place ur hand at the top and cover it and suck, depending on how easy it is to suk will show u how airtight it is...

"""EDIT""" Make shure that the paper towl is not TOO thick, the bowl shud fit snugg and tight but not look like its gunna pop off...

confidncecrm said:
Thats awesome, I've just barely gotten into to hookash, and unfortunately I havent had bud for quite awhile, when I do I will try that though. My favorite shisha is grape x strawberry, mixed fruit and arabian coffee. But all I have is al-waha and I don't like it that much. Actually I do have one question still, I have a metal thing with holes in it which clearly fits over the bowl, is this meant to put coals on or some sort of cover to come back to it later?
yeah the little thing with holes is a coal screen. so yeah put the coals in it over the bowl with the weed and tabacco.

Kittyloaf said:
dood... don't just put weed in there... the charcoal will scorch it and absolutely ruin your experience.

The tobacco's extremely smooth... I don't smoke butts or anything, but hookah tobacco's easy to handle- most non-smokers enjoy it.

I recommend strawberry.

I appriciate it, but it would gag me. Blunts make me sick if I smoke too many of them, and thats just the outer wrap. If using straight herb doesn't work as well, thats ok, I got enough other methods to burn...

What kinda hooka is this? Is it like one of those all glass ones or is it like a middle eastern style one? Cuz i got one from Dubai and the metal part had a small hole in the metal and it wouldnt work right so i just took a saudered it to fix it, works great now. If you want a really throwed hooka experience, mix some really dank bud with orange, cherry or strawberry shisha tobacco and it will taste so good, it'll make you wanna slap yo mama!!!

Back
Top Bottom