House & Garden Coco's A/B Help

Johnnysgarden

Anyone been using house and garden line up for their grow? This is my first grow and I'm having trouble finding information about this product and how and what to use. Local hydro store says I'm good with the Coco's a/b from start to finish and won't need anything else. I have been listening to all their advice with success but reading into npk ratios and how they need to change during flower has me thinking. If I just use the a/b and just keep upping dose then really my npk is the same just stronger or weaker .
My main question is if you are using Coco's a/b do you use other products along with it during flower ?

Attachments

• IMG_20190222_195902.jpg
    IMG_20190222_195902.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 94
Stick with products from one manufacturer, as they are designed to work together. Adding products from another manufacturer adds to the potential problems. Canna has an article covering this on their website. Like most nutrient manufacturers, Canna produces supplements for the various stages of growth. Using one manufacturer means you can get grow support from them, without having the blame redirected to the other manufacturers.

I use General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and General Hydroponics' supplements designed to work with them. The only questions for me were which supplements to use, and what the concentration of my nutrient solution should be. My first grow was at 25% label strength. I increased to 33% and had salt deposits on my grow bags, then 40%, and had nutrient burn. I've backed off to 30%.

Watering is now automatic, and plants are getting about 500ml twice a day in 11l grow bags. It takes more water to achieve run off than when I was hand watering. I attribute this to a slower, more distributed flow. The coco has more time, and more area to absorb the nutrient solution.

By other products I mean in the house and garden line up. There's about 8 products but not sure if all are needed
Although I'm in RDWC, I am in the midst of my 8 week veg using the house and garden Aqua Flakes A and B, as well as their complete lineup. I truly believe that they are all needed, if you mix them at their prescribed rates according to the Nutrient calculator you will always end up with an EC around 2.0 which is perfect and optimal as far as House and Garden is concerned. Mixing Just A and B into your previously pH water at the rate that they recommend will only get you an EC of around 1.2 to 1.3, which is safe but quite a bit lower than what your plants should be able to handle safely.

The only thing I on other than the complete lineup is z-9 to keep my reservoir and and pipes running clean, as well as in a bit of additional calmag.

Come check out my grow, my fourth one is in my signature. Full House and Garden lineup in RDWC.

So I am using Coco's a/b, multi zen and roots excellerator for veg and a/b,multi zen, buds xl and top booster in flower. I also use calmg

Attachments

• IMG_20190605_060943.jpg
    IMG_20190605_060943.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20190419_101317.jpg
    IMG_20190419_101317.jpg
    784.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20190418_181646.jpg
    IMG_20190418_181646.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20190418_163923.jpg
    IMG_20190418_163923.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 175
  • MVIMG_20190414_132926.jpg
    MVIMG_20190414_132926.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 173
So I am using Coco's a/b, multi zen and roots excellerator for veg and a/b,multi zen, buds xl and top booster in flower. I also use calmg

That’s great thank you really helpful! Is multi zen the same as multizyme? This wasn’t my first ever line up I done with a friend,

Coco a
Coco b
Algen extract
Multizyme
Drip clean
Magnecal or cal mag
Bud xl
Topbooster
Root excelurator
Shooting powder

All house and gardens besides I think the cal mg/ mg cal !!

Attachments

• 3BAC8333-313C-4055-B93E-DF0413AEEFAA.png
    3BAC8333-313C-4055-B93E-DF0413AEEFAA.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • 6A19BC71-1CB9-49E9-9DCE-07B29D6E9A33.png
    6A19BC71-1CB9-49E9-9DCE-07B29D6E9A33.png
    1 MB · Views: 134
Well I have used Cocos a and b for over 10 years now.

You need..

Cocos A&B- base nutes.
Multizen or zyme-enzymes
Root excelorator- root zone
Amino treatment- silica etc
top booster- pk
bud xl- takes bracts sugar to buds
shooting powder- make tight buds
drip clean- helps with flush and feeds

dont need anything else.

I've recently switched from botanicare and if u look in March nug of the month you can see the results I was getting. I got the whole line for coco, the app calculator left multizen out of week 1 only item I didn't use was their ph stabilizer for RO water. All it is I'm sure is calmag. Guy at hydro store said he runs it showed me beautiful ladies but doesn't use the nitro boost or algen extract rhizo top dress, unless he just got got to mention the RO stabilizer as well.. pretty much same as @Lowrider72 I'm coming to the end of week 1 and I'm a hydro grower started dwc tried coco last run and made hydro for kindergartens. I know absolutely 0 nada about soil just know less watering less maintenance and more time to fix an issue so I have atleast 2 of each geno in ffof soil and a few in happy frog. Every single plant in coco is showing some kind of deficiency. We're as all the soils where I'm giving nothing but a bit of calmag silica n super thrive and ph at 6.3 vs 5.8 for coco and all have nice node spacing lush and green. I didn't notice HnG MOBILE APP leaves out multizen on week 1, but I don't see enzymes doing what's its doing any tips??? BTW I did go mix a new rez with multizen. But they also stretched alot more which I don't. Really mind because I will basically just top in half and train for scrog. Please any feed back would help. Other wise if they have a guarantee like other companies I'm taking it all back still would try another line or might just go back to botanicare. And this isn't the 1st time I've switched I've gotta my biggest yield at around 3g/watt on my 2nd grow with a not well marketed brand Dutch Masters Gold, alot of places doing away with it or now they have advanced.

Although I'm in RDWC, I am in the midst of my 8 week veg using the house and garden Aqua Flakes A and B, as well as their complete lineup. I truly believe that they are all needed, if you mix them at their prescribed rates according to the Nutrient calculator you will always end up with an EC around 2.0 which is perfect and optimal as far as House and Garden is concerned. Mixing Just A and B into your previously pH water at the rate that they recommend will only get you an EC of around 1.2 to 1.3, which is safe but quite a bit lower than what your plants should be able to handle safely.

The only thing I on other than the complete lineup is z-9 to keep my reservoir and and pipes running clean, as well as in a bit of additional calmag.

Come check out my grow, my fourth one is in my signature. Full House and Garden lineup in RDWC.
i use house and garden to, the complete line up but the think is, when i used the nutrients calculator i always rate a E.C of 4.0, that's a lot, so i used clean water and i mixed both the get the EC i need, im using 7lts pots, for 45 plants

Back
Top Bottom