How am I doing?

rumplestiltskin

Yo,

So this is my first proper grow with some decent equipment compared to my first try!

These plants are 4 weeks old from planting into the soil after 36 hours germination.

1 is 8-9inches and the other 10-12inches. Both are auto flowers. One is LA confidential and the other Critial Cheese.

I just transplanted them into the 5 gallon bags and also just started giving them biobizz grow.

I've had them on 24/7 lights, shall I change this or just leave it since they are autoflowers?

Are these growing right for their age? Anything else I should do specifically?

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

They look nice and happy to me and probably about the size you would expect for 4 weeks from seed.:goodjob:

Common advice seems to be to start autos in their final container, ideally you don't want anything stressing them and stalling growth when you have limited veg time.

With regards to 24hr light, I ran my last grow in veg under 24hr light for the first month, this time I've gone with 20-4 and if anything the plants seem happier with having a dark period.

Are you planning on using the Biobizz range all the way through?

They look nice and happy to me and probably about the size you would expect for 4 weeks from seed.:goodjob:

Common advice seems to be to start autos in their final container, ideally you don't want anything stressing them and stalling growth when you have limited veg time.

With regards to 24hr light, I ran my last grow in veg under 24hr light for the first month, this time I've gone with 20-4 and if anything the plants seem happier with having a dark period.

Sweet thanks! Was your last grow autos? If so what did they yield? :)

Do I need to swap to 12/12 with autos or just leave them as are?

yeah I read yesterday about putting them in final pots first lol, oops!!

yeah I like the brand and pricing so I’ve ordered some bloom as well! I have cal mag handy just in case too.

I’ve just ordered some normal fem seeds to see how I get on with them too.

Looks great! Autos don't need 12/12 and can actually stay in a veg room/tent if there's adequate light.
I tried it but my veg lights are pretty mild and wound up with kind of a wimpy harvest.

I agree, Plants look good for 4 weeks/where they should be ..
You would think that a 24 hour cycle would boost your plants potential to get everything you can out of the veg period but it's a misnomer. At min the plant probably needs 4 to 6 hours to complete nightly respiration. I def noticed faster everyday growth on the 18/6 program and am staying with it through my veg cycle.. I also think it helps condition the plant. Once you flip that 12/12 switch it willl really take notice sending that message home to the plant that its time to go into flower..

Sweet thanks! Was your last grow autos? If so what did they yield? :)

Do I need to swap to 12/12 with autos or just leave them as are?

yeah I read yesterday about putting them in final pots first lol, oops!!

yeah I like the brand and pricing so I’ve ordered some bloom as well! I have cal mag handy just in case too.

I’ve just ordered some normal fem seeds to see how I get on with them too.
As said above no need to switch to 12-12 they will flower when they are ready.

I've only grown photos, my problem with autos is that if you mess things up in veg you don't have a second chance.
With photos you can just veg longer to get the plants how you want them before flowering.
I like the Biobizz range, the feed chart is good but I found going above 3ml of the grow was too much.

I suffered from a magnesium deficiency on my last grow, it seems common with the Biobizz nutes, nothing a little epsom salt won't sort out so probably worth having some just in case.

Back
Top Bottom