How do I add Lime After The Plants Are Potted

simondetroit

I have allot of plants already planted in 4 gal. pots with a Promix/EWC mix. I didnt add any lime into the mix when I started? Im not having any PH issues (yet) and the plants are in their 3rd week of flowering. IS there a way to add lime now? Either put it into the nutes when I water or add it into the top of the soil? ALso how much should I add to each pot? Thanks:blunt:

Yes, you can sprinkle it on the top and water in. It's going to take some time to work its way in.

My mix is similar to promix and also has EWC. I add 2tbl/gallon or 1cup/cf when I make my mix.

With no pH issues at the moment, 1tbl/gallon of mix might be Ok if my amounts seem high.

DD

I have allot of plants already planted in 4 gal. pots with a Promix/EWC mix. I didnt add any lime into the mix when I started? Im not having any PH issues (yet) and the plants are in their 3rd week of flowering. IS there a way to add lime now? Either put it into the nutes when I water or add it into the top of the soil? ALso how much should I add to each pot? Thanks:blunt:

Well if you are so inclined and are carefull you could carefully break up the top 2-4 inches and then work in about a table spoon into it all ,you will also notice a neat little side effect that by carefully cultivating the tops few inches you get more air down to your roots so growth will increase this is basically the same idea as how farmers hoe the soil between the rows of plants to allow for better drainage and air to get around the roots.

I have used it as a side dressing, water it in well and it should be fine. Another thing I have done is to dissolve the powder in H20 and then just give it like I would feed, or even w/feed for that matter!
Best of luck in all you do!

Thanks. I wonder if there would be any issues if I just added the lime into my Nutrient tea?:smokin:

Hey Simon, you can go either way. If you water it in the effects are much quicker then scratching it in. Since you are not having any PH problems yet, I would get some dolomite lime and scratch a few tbsp directly into the soil. This will help keep the soil stable as everything starts to break down...... I would use straight PH'd water for the first water after you add lime, then return to normal schedule. What is the PH of the soil now?

Thanks. I wonder if there would be any issues if I just added the lime into my Nutrient tea?:smokin:

The only issue is that it would be mostly at the bottom of your watering can.

It's ground up rock and doesn't really dissolve and even if you agitate the can, it sinks as soon as you start to pour.

Top dress or work it into the top few inches if you can. Water it in well and then resume your normal routine.

DD

Back
Top Bottom