How do you clone

Sparkie420

:allgood: OK,i hear about cloning,and I have a great plant to clone from.When is the time to clone?Can you clone after budding stage starts?I take it the mother plant is the one you cut from,but how long can you clip from her and make clones.How do you do the actuall process?Thanks:bong:

I use grow plugs instead of rockwool and I dont use distilled water. Neither of those things could hurt, but I just choose not to.
One thing I found that works GREAT is. Once you take your cutting take a razor blade and GENTLY score the surface of the base of the stem from top to bottom, basically the bottom inch of stem. I score it about 4 times all the way around the stem. All you wanna do is break the skin with the razor blade. After, dip it in your cloning solution. You'll see alot more rootage from these slits on the stem. My local hydro store owner showed this to me. It really works well.

Thanks for the replys.After wring the 1st time,I read more of others and found all the info.Guess I should've read 1st.Do you really need the cloning gel andd the other things.Can't you just put it in water and wait for it to root?

Im going to have to try and remember that next time I clone some plants. Thanks Stix

Stix said:
I use grow plugs instead of rockwool and I dont use distilled water. Neither of those things could hurt, but I just choose not to.
One thing I found that works GREAT is. Once you take your cutting take a razor blade and GENTLY score the surface of the base of the stem from top to bottom, basically the bottom inch of stem. I score it about 4 times all the way around the stem. All you wanna do is break the skin with the razor blade. After, dip it in your cloning solution. You'll see alot more rootage from these slits on the stem. My local hydro store owner showed this to me. It really works well.

Back
Top Bottom