How Far Down the Line Does a Plant's Gene's Track

OlderStoner

I'm curious about genetics and having done a couple of grows which produced seeds I now have a nice collection of seeds from several generations. All of these seeds came from seeds which came from the first seed order I placed so the gene pool is small to say the least. That first grow produced some very nice, sticky buds. The second produced very nice as well. The third one though kind of fell short of expectations. I had some troubles with these plants, was almost discovered by some not so well intentioned folks so I had to finish them out in less than ideal conditions.

So exactly how far down the genetic tree can one expect traits from the original seeds to be passed on? I know it's a natural thing and nothing is guaranteed. But I'm thinking about the first male and females I crossed in that first grow.

I've been careful in selecting which males and females to use for seeds. This last batch of seeds came with an infusion of a new strain called Strawberry Blue, which had very pronounced serrations on the edges of it's leaves. But the seeds from this mother, produced a plant that is very nice looking but has nothing like those deep leaf edge serrations.

Back
Top Bottom