How Good is your Carbon Filter? Opinion and advice needed

Hydroponic1

I am having a heck of a time getting the odor eliminated. My grow area is 3x6x8 and i have a 160 cfm 4 inch eco plus inline fan with a Carbonaire 4 inch canister carbon filter that is about 4-5 months old. My fresh air intake is 4 inch round and pulling from a totaly diffrent area. I plan to exhaust to the outside of the structure but for now it is in the next room. I am flowering 4 orange crush plants under 400 watt hps and my room has enough vaccum to suck the door closed so i know it is under negative pressure and all the seams and door is sealed. With the fan running non stop pulling air through the filter from inside the room and exhausting out in anoter room I have never been able to eliminate the odor. I am wondering if my CF filter is defective possibly sat on the shelf too long before purchase. I purchased it from my local hydro store and they dont have an answer.

Long story i know but my question is, How good is your CF filter does it get rid of the odor. I have people come over from time to time and dont want to broadcast I am growing for security reasons . Maybe i didnt do my calculations correctly on the fan and filter size but I thought this would help but I cant tell much of a diffrence with or with out the filter. Plus we are talking about 4 small plants around 18 inches in height.

Advice and opinions welcome.....

Would a fan speed controller be an option i have thought about getting one to try. I guess im confused since this was supose to be a matched pair but each stup is diffrent Ive got good intake air and exhaust so maybe slowing it down would help.

I am running a 4" inline fan and a Carbon filter on a room around 3'x6'x7' and have had no problems in 4 months exhausted to the outside via the chimney! No smell inside unless you open the door to the grow room! No smell outside either. Carbon filter was new 4 months ago. No controller for fan speed! Mine is 190cfm.

Tazzman thanks i checked a local harbor freight has a router speed controller for $19 so i think im going to give it a try and see if that dosent work guess Im spending money on a new CF that will suck they are $100 here local might have to check around to find one cheaper online and hope it works better than this one also just found out my local store stopped carrying the Carbonaire filters Hmmmmmm I wonder why oh well after all growing is all about trial and error and learning as you go.....

Back
Top Bottom