How long for pollen sacs to mature?

HigherDrifter

Hey all,

Wondering how long it's going to take for my male's pollen sacs to mature enough to begin dropping pollen.

I've been keeping a watchful eye on them. Right now the sacs are really small...I'd say about 1/16th (or less) of an inch in size.

Going by all the different pics that I've seen of the male pollen sacs...they look like they've got to get roughly 1/8th of an inch (or slightly larger...?) before they're ripe enough to start shedding pollen.

Any help??

:thanks:

;)

Re: How long for pollen sacs to mature...?

PollenSacs_2.jpg

PollenSacs_1.jpg

Re: How long for pollen sacs to mature...?

Alright. I'm taking a chance with an experiment.

With a heavy heart, here's my male plant, stripped of most of his branches:

LonelyMale.jpg

Hated to do it, but, I figured things might be easier to manage this way. I do want to collect some pollen for seeds.

:straightface:

:rollingeyes:

I welcome anyone's input.

How are you going to collect it? They dropped the instant I touched mine. I have never collected yet but planned on just covering a male stem with a ziplock bag before they did their thing then using the bag on the ladies afterward.

How are you going to collect it?

Not quite sure at the moment...:hmmmm:

Was thinkin 'bout choppin it just before the sacs ripen (begin to split open) and stickin it in some water, maybe mixed with a little plant food. I'll keep it in the house most of the time near a window, on a sheet of foil. Tap the sacs from time to time and the pollen should start dropping onto the foil. I don't need that much.

They dropped the instant I touched mine.

I reckon they must have been pretty ripe. Odds are they were split open and the pollen was oozing out....?

Hey all,

Wondering how long it's going to take for my male's pollen sacs to mature enough to begin dropping pollen.

I've been keeping a watchful eye on them. Right now the sacs are really small...I'd say about 1/16th (or less) of an inch in size.

Going by all the different pics that I've seen of the male pollen sacs...they look like they've got to get roughly 1/8th of an inch (or slightly larger...?) before they're ripe enough to start shedding pollen.

Any help??

:thanks:

;)
Once you start seeing pollen sacks just be ready any day after! They will put out pollen just a few days after the sacks start being noticeable!

Not quite sure at the moment...:hmmmm:

Was thinkin 'bout choppin it just before the sacs ripen (begin to split open) and stickin it in some water, maybe mixed with a little plant food. I'll keep it in the house most of the time near a window, on a sheet of foil. Tap the sacs from time to time and the pollen should start dropping onto the foil. I don't need that much.

I reckon they must have been pretty ripe. Odds are they were split open and the pollen was oozing out....?
Once you do your first male you'll understand. Just don't have any fans running around them unless you have some type of containment system like I made. I keep my males in the same room as my females with no problem if they're contained!

Once you do your first male you'll understand. Just don't have any fans running around them unless you have some type of containment system like I made. I keep my males in the same room as my females with no problem if they're contained!
That post is from 2011.
He is gone and won't reply.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom