how long till it gets worthless

yeefoo

i was just wondering, how long can i keep my bud before it loses its thc and wont get me high? cuz me and my friends bought a couple O's last friday, and i still got about 4 G's left and ive been sick so i havent been able to smoke it all. also, how can i keep it fresher? ive already put some orange peels in it and i took em out a cuple days ago.

haha thanks guys. i smoked some a few days ago when i was sick and it only made me worse, i have a bad cough now cuz me and my friends smoked like 24/7 on our trip to utah, so hopefully tomorow ima start blazin

Keep it in a glass or plastic container in a cold place. That's the best way of keeping the potency high.

if heated, from what I know, exesive heat could exhaust yer thc. but honestly I think that weed will last a good few months even left out of a bag though the thc will remain it may dry to a crisp.

THC on buds sticks to the plastic bag and the bud loses potency. Cannabis Culture printed a good article on the best way to store buds a few years ago.

Plastic bags for storage
by Ed Rosenthal (05 Jan, 2005) Are vaccuum seal bags as bad as regular plastic?

You have written that plastic bags are the worst storage for buds.

Does that also apply to those vacuum-sealed bags or will these help keep it fresh?

XO Remy,
Internet

Polyethylene plastic bags such as baggies or zip-locs have an electrical charge which attracts glands. If you look at the surface of a used bag you will notice that it is covered with glands that have bonded with the plastic. Even scraping the material with a sharp surface such as a knife or razor blade will not remove them. These glands hold THC, the active ingredient in grass. When these glands transfer from the vegetative material to the bag, the potency of the grass is reduced.

Glass, metals and thermally-sealed plastic don't carry an electrical charge so they can be used to store marijuana without affecting its quality.

https://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4125.html

You can use tupperware or any hard plastic. Like it says thermaly sealed plastics. There are a few things that degrade THC. Light, air, and heat. Find a dark, air tight container, and put it in a cool place. It will stay good as long as it is dry. Check on it to make sure it doesnt mold over.

yeefoo said:
haha thanks guys. i smoked some a few days ago when i was sick and it only made me worse, i have a bad cough now cuz me and my friends smoked like 24/7 on our trip to utah, so hopefully tomorow ima start blazin
If you have weed and cant smoke it , cook something with it!

what about those old-style sandwhich bags? The kind without a zip-loc seal? I always have my pot in those but it's only in there for about a week lol.

Back
Top Bottom