How much longer!

fanman

This is my very first plant ever:headbanger:...can anyone tell about how much longer...i know i wait until pistils change color. the leafs on top are starting to look like a star a little bit.

DSCF1692.JPG

DSCF1687.JPG

Re: How much longer!!!

cool so what happens next...what should i see it do........these are the best bud sites on the plant how much does anybody think i will get.....i don't really care as long as i get a few bowls to toke with my best friend....:bong:

you will probably see the fan leaves starting to turn yellow as the plant sucks all the nuterents out of them. When you see most of the white hairs turn a amber color its ready to pick.

does the main stem usually turn purple or blueish color....see pic...also some of the leaf stems are also doing the same????

DSCF1722.JPG

I never saw a plant with just one straight stalk.I guess you didn't pinch the tops to get them to split. Never the less,the buds look good.I would let them grow,until late November early December so they are much bigger and potent.My plant has about 30-40 branches,with 15-30 buds on each.

nov - dec.......it will be to cold by then .....this thing is in its fourth week of flowering.....started plant in begining of july......it is only about 14 inches tall just because time change is got closer to 12/12 here to induce flowering.

what about the purple or blue on the stems???

they tend to turn purple when they are cold. Is it getting a little chilly during the nights? If so, then that what I'd say it's from.

fanman said:
nov - dec.......it will be to cold by then .....this thing is in its fourth week of flowering.....started plant in begining of july......it is only about 14 inches tall just because time change is got closer to 12/12 here to induce flowering.

what about the purple or blue on the stems???
Well I'm in Texas too,and I had a friend who grew in Ohio and his plants never were taken until the second freeze,usually end Nov. begginning Dec. Here we can go either way.Can be in the 80's in Dec. , or in the 30's.My thoughts are 1st freeze won't kill them,2nd will.Just my opinion after seeing how my friend did it.By the way,he had some of the best I've smoked and sold it for $20.00 a gram with no discount on qaunity in 1986,87,88.He started with a few plants in 1980,and pollinated a female to get seeds.Every year he pollinated one or two females for seeds for the next year.I was around to smoke his 10th generation and was it ever good.

here is updated picture....the hairs are starting to look burnt up a little is this normal....are these the actual hairs of the weed forming or what???

tell me what do u think......

DSCF1730.JPG

DSCF1728.jpg

you didnt use any nutes at all did you? something isnt right, you grow it under fluoros and flower it under the same? thats weak for a harvest, under fluoros with nutes i yielded 3 or 4 times that much.

give me a bit of info, i would love to know what you did, as we can help ya next time around yield more, albiet, you did get the hard part out of the way, first yield.

the coloring can be due to stress the plant is induring, and or strain characteristic.

to mr dankcloset........as you can see this is an outdoor plant no floros here buddy........and yes i did not use any nutes either......i am not your hardcore grower here.....just experimenting so far.

Without nutrients, the buds will get no bigger than what you currently see.

would you harvest!!! the plant has gotten thicker over the days but this is as close as i can get to see the trichomes.....with a 15x loupe.
i think now its about six weeks into flowering.
DSCF17491.JPG
DSCF1755.JPG
DSCF1752.JPG

?????? would anyone harvest this plant above right now let me know please.....it looks done and this is as close as i can get.:peace: :hmmmm:

I'd let it go for another 5--7 days.
But remember--this is your plant...you grew it. So if you harvested to-day no one would give you any grief.

I know that the waiting is the hardest part. So if you're getting antsy go ahead and take 'er down.

thank u ranger d....always pleased with ur advice!!!

Back
Top Bottom