How much more yield if waiting for 50-60% amber trichomes?

Its more an experience about the weight, mine never really got any fatter from waitimg from cloudy ti amber, your strain might differ.
But about the effect its a fact, amber is more body high and cloudy is more head high(thc).
Anyway you will get some amber if you cure it.
Lately i always harvest when almost full cloud.

Hope that helps

Its more an experience about the weight, mine never really got any fatter from waitimg from cloudy ti amber, your strain might differ.
But about the effect its a fact, amber is more body high and cloudy is more head high(thc).
Anyway you will get some amber if you cure it.
Lately i always harvest when almost full cloud.

Hope that helps

Thanks bro! I never check for trichomes cause I do autos ... did autos, so soon I will have to check. Your answer is a relief my man!

I do autos too, but trich color still applies. I have even invested in a digital microscope with *1200 power, but my jewlers loupe is always in my hand during harvest time(like right now!). At the beginning its hard to tell the difference between cloudy and clear and might need better magnification or ability to take photo and compare, but when you learn the difference a jewlers loupe and a hand torch is all you need.
Good luck :)

Hi guys just wondering How much more yield can you get in total gr. yield if you wait till %50-60 trichomes turn Amber instead of most coudly?

By this point in flower they be about as big as they're gonna get weight-wise.. Amber means the trichs are degrading so yeah; BigBaron is right. Depends on your "stone goals"! A sativa with 50% amber will still be a head high, maybe just not as 'racy'; an indica with no amber will still be a body stone but maybe not as heavy..
Yes it all varies a bit from strain to strain. Check breeder recommendations if they have any.. Most guys seem to harvest about 5% amber, give or take..
Smoking it is the only way to tell what happens so have fun researching!!

Back
Top Bottom