How often do you replace charcoal filters

Air box filters are the inline cartridge style I ordered. Giving it a try, I'm not sure what will happen longevity wise with it. But the form factor is extremely convenient for my setup
You mean a hepa filter? Got ne pictures bro. Id love to see an efficient easy to replace filter for a charcoal filter.

Prepare for the gas and heat and apply water from your garden hose. Stir and keep adding water until the thick yellow smoke and heat subside and the buckets go inert... it will take a while... and it is incredibly nasty.
Im lost. I smoked a nice bowl of ....... something real stoney forgot name though. So is there gasoline involved . Lkke do you mix the old charcoal in some solution then bake it off later after rinsing with a water hose? Think i get the baking part. Does the charcoal stink in the oven. Might use a toaster oven fot that part outside. Seems really fascinating though. I feel like id grab all my charcoal filters at one time and do them all together.

I was just reading up on some of your entrys emilya you make your own compost teas? Im building a huge green hoise from pvc back here soon and i have alot of grass clippings i saved

Attachments

• 15883849191262238614173813279075.jpg
    15883849191262238614173813279075.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 15883849431103785250678644156450.jpg
    15883849431103785250678644156450.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
I have no idea what im doing though with the compost though. I wanna use 3 rain barrels to collect rain water and gravity feed back their. Plan on building a big green house back there shortly. I wanna try to make compost tea for veggid gardens flowers etc. Any suggestions?

You mean a hepa filter? Got ne pictures bro. Id love to see an efficient easy to replace filter for a charcoal filter.

LMAO no not a HEPA filter. It's a carbon filter. Airboxfiltercom is the website. Im sure an actual link will get taken down.
It will cost more to use than my current dual 8*24 with yearly replacements but I gain a foot of headroom in each tent. Worth trying out.

Attachments

• 4765_1-Z.jpg
    4765_1-Z.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 51
LMAO no not a HEPA filter. It's a carbon filter. Airboxfiltercom is the website. Im sure an actual link will get taken down.
It will cost more to use than my current dual 8*24 with yearly replacements but I gain a foot of headroom in each tent. Worth trying out.
Wow man. Yea i just checked their site 400 bucks heh. But its actually pretty darn nifty.

Yessir. Its pretty awesome. Im gonna have to start trying to reuse these charcoal filters i got. Its not bad that much its i know pretty soon it probally will be summer around the corner and all. Emilyas' method sounds very viable im just a bit confused how to reactivate the charcoal. I guess you heat the charcoal on the very end step at 500 degrees to like finish. Im gonna reasearch some more if not ill probally be buying a better 1 then the vivosuns on amazon. Just went to the store today got 2 more light kits with 1k super hort bulbs i figure the 4 lights even with air cooled etc prolly gonna put off a bit more heat. Im using a 440 cfm to cool to hoods seems to work ok.

I just treat my filters as another expense. I anticipate replacing them yearly, if they last longer than that great, my budget gets more room for upgrades. After a few years I finally had enough to grab this airbox.
If I replace the filter cartridges every year it's about the same price as buying two new 8" filters. My last cans made it almost two years though, and they're just cheapo ones from Amazon. Melonfarm brand or something. Those are in flower only tents that run constantly so there's a bit of smell getting run through.

I hear that . I finnally got hortilux bulbs after like 10 grows. I notice a difference i think . Its worth it though got a good deal on em. Yea i seen your buds man dang lookin good heh. I started not topping my plants . Id always top b4 the 1st 6 i threw in there are prolly like 5 weeks. I swear i seen a huge kola sticking off tje top of 1 of those blue cookies in their. I wonder if the tops are gonna be bigger then my normal side branches when i do top hej

Im lost. I smoked a nice bowl of ....... something real stoney forgot name though. So is there gasoline involved . Lkke do you mix the old charcoal in some solution then bake it off later after rinsing with a water hose? Think i get the baking part. Does the charcoal stink in the oven. Might use a toaster oven fot that part outside. Seems really fascinating though. I feel like id grab all my charcoal filters at one time and do them all together.
no! no gasoline!!! When you put water in the bucket of dirty charcoal a chemical reaction starts and a thick yellow gas will suddenly be released. This reaction will continue until the charcoal is clean.

You can not do the baking part indoors. The smell and smoke would be unbearable. A toaster oven will not cut it. A Propane Gas outdoor BBQ at 500 degrees is what is needed.
I was just reading up on some of your entrys emilya you make your own compost teas? Im building a huge green hoise from pvc back here soon and i have alot of grass clippings i saved
Yes, I have 4 or 5 standard recipes that i use throughout an organic grow. The recipes can be found in my grow journals and mostly come from the book, TLO, by The Rev. Grass clippings do not make a good compost however... I avoid putting grass clippings into my cannabis soil.

Oo ah ok that doesnt sound so bad no gas lol . Wow thats something so just mix the old charcoal in water after foaming subsides cook in your propane bbqer at 500 till crispy on the edges. Then refill charcoal filter. Think the hardest part will be finding out how to dismantle this vivosun. Think another grower mentioned it a bit. Ill definately be using your recipes for compost. Im thinking of growing mostly vegetables outdoor. I might try to grow some pot outdoor in a seperate green house. I had a friend and his wife grew this huge tree outside their house . Looked to be like 7 ft tall 6 ft wide. Was vegging since february i guess. He used a 100 gallon fabric bag in the ground i guess and his wife made some sort of compost tea . The tree was huge lol. Maybe sometime. Thanks again emilya for helping very useful information.

Im staking tonight. I notice always 5th week of flower im trying to come up with some elaborate way to hold up my buds. My trellising skills suck lol. So ima try like abunch of bamboo. Actually kinda feels easier eith the bamboo. I need to go get some of that plant tie stuff. Blue cookies on the bottom.

Wth lol hate and love this 9 # hammer it smells like super wonderful wonderful gassy fluffy weed but i cant seem to get it to produce the big buds i want

Attachments

• 15884136986171402057596257605609.jpg
    15884136986171402057596257605609.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 15884137228862872158964579485171.jpg
    15884137228862872158964579485171.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 40
Just finished 2 packs of bamboo on the 6 in the back hoping itll work out better then the trellis. I even tried some pvc cages lol... bamboo seems like a keeper. I notice alot of energy goes away from budding when they flap over.

Attachments

• 15884153585812889672252999311995.jpg
    15884153585812889672252999311995.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom