How terrible is this idea?

Highat33

420 Member
I came up with an idea for a starter grow box to try growing on the cheap in case it turns out that I suck at it.

I found this $50 light on Amazon. It's "600W" (Claims 134w for actual average usage)

And then this $14 24x24x48 box from Uhaul meant to be used for moving clothing. Complete with a convenient bar for hanging a light.
download.jpg

Then add some inexpensive fans, line the walls with reflective tape/mylar, and cut out an access/watering "window" to be sealed with another piece of cardboard & velcro

Is this a decent idea or a massively idiotic fire hazard?

I think its a cool idea ... want a cheap idea. U can get a $6 tarp at walmart , or a 100 foot roll of panda film for $30 , or reflectix at lowes for $16 u can make a 5x5 tent . Build a frame with pvc , $1 , for a 10 foot pole . I used only 3 . For my first tent . And the silver duct tape at walmart for $3.50 .

Yes. It will burn if that's what you wanted lol jk Emergency survival blankets are less a buck and covers 4'x8' easy, couple of those and a can of spray adhesive to stick it up. Remember it has a reflective side and a transparent side just hold it up to a light to see it. It isn't a very durable material and loads cheaper than any 'mylar' knockoffs.
You wouldn't have any 'collapse' from ventilation suction I guess.
Its likely to absorb a lot of moisture maybe? Good luck and welcome nice to meet you

Back
Top Bottom