How to deal with grow room temps?

No i can't access the roof from where am at.
Yes i have two smaller yet decent air fans in my tent. One is blowing below the light under the plants. and one is blowing just in between the plant top and the light. NOTE this is only paprika seedlings. So i have not put my in my real seeds yet. So nothing is damages i notice the issue before hand.

By separating them I mean use a sheet of glass for instance and duplicate the effect of a cool tube.

Just a note, I've found that airflow without extraction actually raises my temps. Have you done a hot day temp check with the extractor going, but not the airflow fans?

By separating them I mean use a sheet of glass for instance and duplicate the effect of a cool tube.

Just a note, I've found that airflow without extraction actually raises my temps. Have you done a hot day temp check with the extractor going, but not the airflow fans?

Sorry not sure if i understand you. Well its summer her now. And the sun hit my apartment hard all day long. So i will average 82 f indoor.
Well am running a 180 CMF fan from inside my tent to outside. What am not doing yet.... is to extend the exhaust out of the small room. in to my living quarters. I have to go and get some extension stuff tomorrow and test.

Sorry i don't understand the glass part. :)

*****light fixture*****

-----glass divider-----

*****plants*****

This will keep the heat put off by the light above the plants, sort of like an air cooled hood. Then you draw air from the bottom section into the top section helping cool the light and removing the top heat. Sorry if I was on PC I could draw you a better diagram.

Another thing to consider if temps remain an issue, run your lights through the coldest part of the day, have them off at the hottest part.

*****light fixture*****

-----glass divider-----

*****plants*****

This will keep the heat put off by the light above the plants, sort of like an air cooled hood.

Another thing to consider if temps remain an issue, run your lights through the coldest part of the day, have them off at the hottest part.

Got you now! that is a smart idea. To be honest it will only be like this for about 2-3 more months then i have winter. But it sucks to lose out on growing time. I have done some research today. I could also get aquarium cooler for the DWC buckets to keep them at 70 f or lower. This will also dramatically improve even if the air is bit hot in the tent.

My check list now is.

1. test glass but i have LED so am not sure if it worth it.
2. get a extension to vent out side the small room am growing in, and send to the air.
3. buy a aquarium cooler.
4. get an AC.
5. was planing to grow jack and northen. But going to get some Nirvana Seeds - Kaya Gold. they can take a punch.

AC and the aquarium cooler is on the same expenses level. i would be happy to avoid it tbh. :)

Guys you can keep up dumping ideas. But i just want to say thank you for all the support! <3

I run a medical marijuana dispensary in New Mexico and I use LEDs over some of my crop given mine or 1600 Watts but they work very well

Just a question, where is your exhaust and where are your intake(s) in the tent?

intake is 3 open spots in the bottom of the tent. I also have a scrubber attached to the fan. Pulling air out up on top of the tent. attached to a silencer.

I run a medical marijuana dispensary in New Mexico and I use LEDs over some of my crop given mine or 1600 Watts but they work very well
I got a LED to save power and heat. :)

For anyone wanting to solve this problem in the future i will write what my actions was to solve this.

1. Even if you grow in a tent in a small room the room will get hot. So vent out side the room! i got temps down to 86-87. I can live with that because i have done the following.
2. Buy a Aquarium chiller and a pump to feed the chiller. Now you can keep your DWC system temps to 69 F this is perfect for cannabis roots.
3. Put 2 fans creating a vortex of air in the tent like a tornado. This will actually help even if the tips are a bit higher then optimal.

I have not tested this all yet am still ordering. But i 100% believe in this plan after ALOT of googling, youtubeing and reading.

Get a can filter and a small ac pull some cold air into tent pull the hot air through the can and out the pipe and get some c02 bags as well and a few air fresheners

Back
Top Bottom