How to extend budding phase?

Mtnfun

420 Member
My plants are at the end of the 2nd week of budding and they're doing fine. I have kept them small because my growing space is small. Is there any way I can extend the budding stage or any other to get the biggest buds possible? A photo of one of my girls is attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• plant001.jpg
    plant001.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 32
Im not quite 100% sure what you mean. But you are only week two. The last few weeks it will grow hefty in optimal conditions.
My question is if there is any way to prolong the budding phase to give my buds more time to grow. Thanks!

your buds are going to keep growing until they are mature... and depending on the strain that takes around 8 weeks in budding stage or flower as it is more commonly called. The small little buds you have now would barely get you high, they just don't have the THC in them yet. Check with your supplier as to the flowering time of your plant and then just sit back and enjoy the ride. The length of time that it takes is genetic... you can't change it, but be assured that the buds will almost double in size just in the last 2 weeks. You still have a long ways to go.

your buds are going to keep growing until they are mature... and depending on the strain that takes around 8 weeks in budding stage or flower as it is more commonly called. The small little buds you have now would barely get you high, they just don't have the THC in them yet. Check with your supplier as to the flowering time of your plant and then just sit back and enjoy the ride. The length of time that it takes is genetic... you can't change it, but be assured that the buds will almost double in size just in the last 2 weeks. You still have a long ways to go.

Very well said!

I'd like to add that personally I feel that if you wait too long to harvest because you're wanting the biggest nug / weight that the milky/cloudy triches do start to turn amber (slightly lowering the THC and increasing the CBN). I guess it all depends on what you're looking to get out of the plant. Just something to consider. Your plant looks solid! Grow on!

So...often times the question is sort of asked wrong.

In an ideal situation the final weight is fundamentally determined by the rootball... The plant will provide the amount of flowers it can support given optimal circumstances and a decent set of stems.

So if you were to have used half the sized pot you have there...you would have a smaller plant.

So flip that...Now if you want to get real aggressive. You can grow a plant in an oversized container and whack it back after growing almost to fill in the container... Then you will have more weight in the end ... but it comes in the same bloom time and at a cost for more veg time.

The bloom time is strain dependant. It has a fixed time and all you can really do is screw it up along the way. As pointed out. But there are tricks to be played...slightly bigger pot with some training and an extra week in veg goes a long way.

Thanks for the replies! I purposely used smaller pots and intentionally have kept my plants small. Really only 4 weeks of veg. I will undoubtedly shoot for bigger plants for my next grow. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom