How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Thanks Motoco. I am hoping to get enough in the next couple harvests to start "playing" with RSO. I have not had enough "stock" to try making any yet. I hope to try a batch in the near future with my MB2. :peace:

When you're ready to make your oil in the Magical Butter Machine let me know. I have a recipe that works great making good RSO oil. Just involves a 'quick wash' before the process starts. Its easy and makes excellent oil. Other recipes I've seen not so much as it sets in the solvent too long and draws out way to much unwanteds. Simply pour in the filtered carrier/extracts, press the 190 temp button, press the 'oil' button and 1 hour later pour in to a stainless steel measuring cup and do your decarboxylation process. Hope this helps.

When you're ready to make your oil in the Magical Butter Machine let me know. I have a recipe that works great making good RSO oil. Just involves a 'quick wash' before the process starts. Its easy and makes excellent oil. Other recipes I've seen not so much as it sets in the solvent too long and draws out way to much unwanteds. Simply pour in the filtered carrier/extracts, press the 190 temp button, press the 'oil' button and 1 hour later pour in to a stainless steel measuring cup and do your decarboxylation process. Hope this helps.

One more question :). How much bud do I need to start with and how much oil (aprox) should that produce?

Supergroomer, Welcome to the right place! As I found out, reading the first pages will answer your questions in the best way.

:ciao:
WJ

Thanks WJ. I realized I probably should go to the begining and start reading after my post ;). at over 100 pages, it will take me a little time. I probably should wait till after work When I can seat and absorb what I am reading :)

Do I just put the "wash" into the MB2 or the bud too?

i personally never liked the mb2 for making the oil (great machine for butter).

you'll want to keep a close eye on it. easy to burn. ask me how i know.

Thanks Motoco. I am hoping to get enough in the next couple harvests to start "playing" with RSO. I have not had enough "stock" to try making any yet. I hope to try a batch in the near future with my MB2. :peace:

Thanks WJ. I realized I probably should go to the begining and start reading after my post ;). at over 100 pages, it will take me a little time. I probably should wait till after work When I can seat and absorb what I am reading :)

After re-reading, I am glad I didn't sound anything other than helpful. There weren't as many pages when I began this journey. Good fortune in your journey my friend.

:ciao:
WJ

i just went with the settings they recommended. you can still see the burnt mark in the bottom of the mb.

The original instructions looked like a nightmare on elm street, lol. Letting your quality flowers sit in something that is grinding everything up in a solvent for 4 hours? Shoe polish I say! lol. At the settings I gave and with the QWET done first it worked fine for me. I don't use the Magical butter machine for oil but it can be easily done in it. I would even recommend taking the blade off the axle as it is not needed for making the concentrate. Just make sure when the little 'twinkly' lights go off get the oil out into a SS cup to process the decarb. Never decarb in a sealed unit as too much heat builds up.

@smokedareefer, have you tried cleaning it after soaking it in ISO 91% for a couple of hours? Wipe it out and rinse with water and it should look like new.

@wj, when I had my quad by-pass the only thing I think that saved me was listening to the 'Moody Blues' and Pink Floyd :). My Cardiologist was a 'freezed dried hippie and ask me if he could use my 'walkman' to listen to a couple of tunes while he was on his lunch break. He knew I had visitors to keep me busy, one of the nicest Dr.s I've meant to date. He retired and went off the 'grid'. I wish he was still around to teach some of the youngsters up and coming that it really is about compassion and not just the money. I think of him just about everyday. At that stage in my life I had financial issues (still do, lol, and when he found out the hospital was hounding me for payments, he paid 10,000. (the bill I owed him for saving my life). Apparently it rubbed off on us :). Maybe for just sharing my 'walkman' ?

Great son wj, it will have a place in your heart forever Brother.

I agree with cajun. Sounds to me if you only have a Sativa dominant for example it is not lasting through the day (wearing off). As cajun said more dabs. For example stick with the dose after breakfast (should be about a grain of rice). After lunch take a booster (1/2 grain of rice). Also I would recommend not only a Sativa dominant for the daytime oil but as close to pure Indica for nighttime. When they both get regulated in your system you're getting what the Sativa offers and what the indica offers. It really seems to me though you need a booster after lunch. It could be a potency issue on your last batch also, it just takes more than perhaps your prior batch? One thing about the concentrated oil it is easy to adjust. For example if you have Indica and Sativa and lets say your Sativa is too racy. A little dab of Indica will chill it out. You basically can feel anyway you want. Also some strains might not be conducive to how you want to feel. A good example for Mo and I is when I made oil from Lemon Haze. It was a heavy duty strain to be sure. We just didn't like the feeling as a daytime oil. We didn't like vaping it either (one of those that would take you to the moon, just that one time it seemed). The smoking effect covered you mouth with a heavy coating of 'cough', same with the oil. Potent as heck, yes! Other than that it was a no go for us.

Recently I made a batch of AK-47XXX and that on the other hand is a great oil. Again, it is how your system is set up. For me during the day I like a little edge so I can cram as much as I can in a day. At night I like Indica as close to pure as I can get for a 'knockout sleep. Why I always suggest; Find the strains your body likes, master growing them for their intended purpose and you will be a happy camper. Seems like hundreds of strains come out daily. Pay attention to what their crossed with. For example; Master Kush is being crossed with a ton of strains. Master Kush alone is perfect and a prefered strain for our Indica. I've tried just about everything and overall just Master Kush. I'm not one for mixed grab bag of seeds, even if their free. Get what you like and stick with it. Take some cuttings off your grow and get a mother going, so on and so on. I love consistent oil.

Hey wj, you tack a Sativa dominant at 2100 hrs? Wow, I would be scanning channels till the wee hours of morning. That could be the reason your blood pressure is so high. For me personally (preventive maintenance dose) I would never consider tacking daytime after lunch. Are you taking blood pressure meds also? I would definitely cut out the late dose at night. Try switching to the am dose when you wake up and after you eat breakfast. Then the booster or even a grain of rice after lunch. You might consider getting some Indica for sleep (I think I already mentioned that) as that would really balance out your system.

Happy Easter Motoco & Mo. And Happy Easter to all on this journal.

Happy Easter Motoco & Mo. And Happy Easter to all on this journal.

Thank you very much Compadre! Happy Easter to you and your's and to all! Have a Blessed day!

:circle-of-love:

Hi Everyone,
A very happy Easter to everyone(belated)

Does anyone have any idea of making oil with Ganja that is available in India? or does anyone know someone who has made it.

Back
Top Bottom