How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

$50 a gram where its legal? I get like $35 here although most of the cost goes to the black market and buying supplies. If I could get my weed for free it would be more like $15 a gram. I guess that's difference of trying to help people and being greedy.

If you have access to weed just make the oil, there are several methods posted.

My dad had a stroke 16 months ago and takes blood thinners, I made a really diluted tincture for him to help him sleep because at around the same time he lost some clients and was really stressed. It was a 10:1 or 10% tincture; basically 3 grams of oil diluted in 27 grams of olive oil. I normally wouldn't recommend diluting it so much but like I said it was just to give him a sound sleep and not to treat cancer.

From what I have read and experienced RSO reduces blood pressure and inter cranial pressure as well. It has a vasodilator effect so you could search for answers there.

Hi my dad was diagnosed with kidney cancer, which it spread to bone on his leg. He broke the leg and has been fixed with metal rod but he got blood clots so doctor prescribed hi
Lenovox blood thinner. The cancer also spread to lung and ribs but tumors aren't so big. My question is can I use RSO oil with blood thinners? My dad doesn't want to do chemo so we want alternative treatment. He had surgery on his leg 12 days ago but his both legs got swollen because of the blood clots. Thank God he still have Icv so It blocked the clots flow through to lungs. He needs to take blood thinner cause he has trouble walking and has pain in legs, stomach, and viomite, and can't eat. I need help please
Hi Kondi,

The answer is 'yes'. You can take the concentrated oil with blood thinners. Also if you haven't done so you should look at this thread on how to use the oil properly as it is very important to take it correctly with no euphoria especially in your Dad's weakened state.How to Dose Correctly Using Rick Simpson Concentrated Cannabis Oil

A precarious situation with the clotting and your correct, more so than the cancer right now. I would wait a week more and make sure the clots have dissipated. In the meantime I would read the 'dosing' thread for proper application. Your oils should be a blend of high THC and high CBD (2 ounce of high THC to 1 ounce of CBD). THC is the cancer killing agent and the CBD is for pain and inflammation. If possible I would recommend getting the flowers and producing your own oil for quality control. Also as close to pure Indica for sleep and to increase appetite. If you take this time and use it wisely while your Dads blood is thinning you can have everything ready to go when starting on the oil. It might seem a hassle but it is not that hard to do. 2 weeks max if you get everything you need. Start off correctly and it will pay huge dividends in the end for a proper heal process. Biggest mistake is rushing in, getting the wrong oils, not learning how to use it correctly and things go south quickly. Any other questions please ask. Here is the Oil tutorial also, again, much easier than it appears. How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
Kondi, please understand we are about 'awareness' only. I cannot recommend any concentrated oil manufacturers product for litigation and liability purposes even sold at a dispensary. So it would be your research as the final say. The known sites in Colorado should have a quality product. Make sure to read the reviews, call and ask questions. Much easier to get the flowers and make your own as mentioned.
Best,
Motoco

Hi Motoco, I last posted in November and now my plants are drying happily and I'm gathering the things to make the oil.
I'm trying to follow your instructions to the letter, and I've ordered an infrared thermometer as well as one to insert into the oil. However, the only portable induction cooktop I can buy here has only 20 degree increments from 160 to 240 degrees, not the 10 degrees you stipulate. Would this be ok, or should I get a portable hotplate with a variable temperature knob and do it that way? They're about the same price so that's not an issue.
I've bought a Megahome alcohol distiller (the low temperature one) so I could reclaim some of the Spirytus that I'll be using, so I'm just about set to go when my buds are ready. I've been checking in here regularly since November and have come to regard you guys here as a sort of family, a good caring helpful family. It's a credit to you in particular and all the other regulars who keep this thread so positive. I mentally wish you people all the very best very time I log off so I hope the good vibes make it across the world. Cheers for now.

If you've already invested in some equipment I would recommend a NuWave PIC2, you can get a 2x1 deal from Nuwave (about $180 after S&H) or a single unit from Amazon for less than $100.

With precise temperature control that goes from 100*F to 550*F you no longer need a rice cooker or a coffee warmer.

61fvMHCA-8L.jpg

Hi Motoco, I last posted in November and now my plants are drying happily and I'm gathering the things to make the oil.
I'm trying to follow your instructions to the letter, and I've ordered an infrared thermometer as well as one to insert into the oil. However, the only portable induction cooktop I can buy here has only 20 degree increments from 160 to 240 degrees, not the 10 degrees you stipulate. Would this be ok, or should I get a portable hotplate with a variable temperature knob and do it that way? They're about the same price so that's not an issue.
I've bought a Megahome alcohol distiller (the low temperature one) so I could reclaim some of the Spirytus that I'll be using, so I'm just about set to go when my buds are ready. I've been checking in here regularly since November and have come to regard you guys here as a sort of family, a good caring helpful family. It's a credit to you in particular and all the other regulars who keep this thread so positive. I mentally wish you people all the very best very time I log off so I hope the good vibes make it across the world. Cheers for now.

Hi nobby32, First, welcome to 420 Magazine! Well you almost there :) Stay away from the induction cooktops that have fixed temp controls as you noticed. Be patient, I'll get that to you today some time if you want that info.

Thank you for the kind words. Some great people hanging out here to be sure and we are family. Some loving, some ornery :high-five: but one thing in common is helping others to help themselves :thumb:

Cheers!

Ornery? Sorry if I have ever been ornery. The people and this website thread are helping me save my life and be comfortable in these times. You will learn much Grasshopper, and there is much to learn. Learn to choose a correct strain or two for the ailment(s), grow the medicine, harvest and cure, learn the chemistry of making the oil and finally dosing correctly for your best results. Lot to learn. I just started.

One thing I was not aware of is the differences and uses of Sativas and Indicas. I guess in the future this information will be everywhere for people to help themselves and others. Now we all have to research and learn from our own experiences. And from the helpful people here. Thanks!

Talk about the bottom floor. Our only problem is that information is not always correct but that incorrect information can be found everywhere on the internets, and who has the time to look at every link in a guugle search to try to figure out which is factual information? I can't do it.

I am so thankful I found this place. The information is tried and true from the people that use and experience the miraculous results that are possible. Good fortune to all of us joining in on this thread. And God Bless us everyone. (no TinyTim pun intended) God Blessed us with this plant for us to use as we see fit, for food, clothes or medicine. Be thankful my friends. I sure am!

WJ
:circle-of-love:

wj, you do have a lot to be grateful for Brother. The one thing that was most important to you was gifted, to watch your grandchildren. The other three major biggies was a 'bonus', lol. And to think, it keeps getting better and better :). Love it!

Best,
Motoco & MO

Thanks for the replies Lab Rat and Motoco. Lab Rat, I'm in Australia and we can't get the Nu Wave over here unfortunately. Motoco, I've printed out your instructions and have got stainless steel funnels and strainers, plenty of wide mouth mason jars, coffee filters, and distiller. 5 litres of Spirytus are on order plus a Fluke 59 Mini infrared thermometer and I've got an insertion-type thermometer for backup. The variable temp hot plate is next and I'll be doing a few dry runs to make sure I'm on the right track. My Sativa dominant plant, Barney's Acapulco Gold is harvested and drying, and my Indica plant, Barney's Critical Kush is a week or two away from harvest, as is my CBD plant, a Barney's Critical Cure. So I've got a bit of time to get my stuff together.
Your instructions are excellent, and as I read and re-read, I understand the care that has gone into the precise wording, and I'm hopefully beginning to understand the flow. The only thing I have to work out myself is the Distiller operation, but I'll be doing some dummy runs with that before I risk my precious buds! So all good, and thank you for the care you take with all your posts. Cheers for now!
Nobby32

Thanks for the replies Lab Rat and Motoco. Lab Rat, I'm in Australia and we can't get the Nu Wave over here unfortunately. Motoco, I've printed out your instructions and have got stainless steel funnels and strainers, plenty of wide mouth mason jars, coffee filters, and distiller. 5 litres of Spirytus are on order plus a Fluke 59 Mini infrared thermometer and I've got an insertion-type thermometer for backup. The variable temp hot plate is next and I'll be doing a few dry runs to make sure I'm on the right track. My Sativa dominant plant, Barney's Acapulco Gold is harvested and drying, and my Indica plant, Barney's Critical Kush is a week or two away from harvest, as is my CBD plant, a Barney's Critical Cure. So I've got a bit of time to get my stuff together.
Your instructions are excellent, and as I read and re-read, I understand the care that has gone into the precise wording, and I'm hopefully beginning to understand the flow. The only thing I have to work out myself is the Distiller operation, but I'll be doing some dummy runs with that before I risk my precious buds! So all good, and thank you for the care you take with all your posts. Cheers for now!
Nobby32

Hi nobby32, Sounds like your ready to 'rock & roll'. Excellent job. I love it when people 'dig in', study and practice to get it right! After the first try you will realize it is much simpler. The peace and mind you will have though making your own oil and knowing the quality is one of the most important part when healing yourself or helping others to do so. It is Huge

Nice strain selection also. Kind of hate to think how long its been since I had Acapulco Gold and although it was laden with seeds it is still one strain that stands out back then for being in a 'happy' place and wanted to get out and do something instead of munching twinkies on the couch :). You're all set! Nice execution on a well thought out plan! Have you read the dosing instructions on how to use the oil? If not; Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Best of luck nobby32! Great job!

Motoco

Very good strains Nobby. Well chosen, good job.
I'm popping some Critical Cure too in May.

My May line up:

Sativa: Blue Dream & my Hazes.
Indica: Darkstar & Black Dominica.
CBD: Cannatonic & Critical Cure.

Very good strains Nobby. Well chosen, good job.
I'm popping some Critical Cure too in May.

My May line up:

Sativa: Blue Dream & my Hazes.
Indica: Darkstar & Black Dominica.
CBD: Cannatonic & Critical Cure.

Batter up! Nice Brother!

Thanks Motoco, cajuncelt! Yep I remembered the old days with Acapulco Gold and the wonderful high it gave me then, so I didn't look any further, especially as it has at the required high THC content. Thanks also for the positive vibes I'm getting from you mob. I'm putting in a bit of effort to get it right 'cause literally my life or quality of life depends on it. I have read all of the "How to dose..." thread and I more than likely be asking more questions later on about tacking, but for the moment, one step at a time - I've got to get all my plants harvested, dried and cured before I worry about tacking! Wishing all who visit here the best of health!! And thanks again Motoco for your continuing support and seemingly endless patience with us newbies. For a lot of people this forum is the last throw of the dice and this lifeline you're providing is a truly precious resource, so thank you again - I'm so glad I found you !
Nobby

Thanks Motoco, cajuncelt! Yep I remembered the old days with Acapulco Gold and the wonderful high it gave me then, so I didn't look any further, especially as it has at the required high THC content. Thanks also for the positive vibes I'm getting from you mob. I'm putting in a bit of effort to get it right 'cause literally my life or quality of life depends on it. I have read all of the "How to dose..." thread and I more than likely be asking more questions later on about tacking, but for the moment, one step at a time - I've got to get all my plants harvested, dried and cured before I worry about tacking! Wishing all who visit here the best of health!! And thanks again Motoco for your continuing support and seemingly endless patience with us newbies.
For a lot of people this forum is the last throw of the dice and this lifeline you're providing is a truly precious resource, so thank you again
- I'm so glad I found you !
Nobby

Hi nobby, same working in my community also. Its a 'last chance' for most. Sadly cannabis concentrated oil should be the first order of 'treatment' but that won't happen for quite some time. In the meantime we take what we can and do our best as 'western medicine' still has us on 'lockdown'. Hopefully someday 'humanity' will rule the day again instead of 'greed'.

Something to think about while the harvest is going on; A positive attitude is a 'huge' part of healing. Hear about it all the time, but the fact is it is 'key'. At times as hard as it seems; 'in with 'positive' and out with 'negative'. Kick-ass attitude goes a long long way.
Thank you for your kind words!

Cheers
Motoco

Welcome nobby32!

You sound like you've got a plan started. That is the way to do it. Read and re-read the instructions in the first pages of this thread. Practice moving the oil making supplies around in the correct order to get that muscle memory going. In order to be quick, you have to practice. Your production will end up as the best you can make. Like everything in life, the more you do it, the easier and the better it gets. Good fortune to you fellow traveler, it is a long and educational road.

:ciao:
WJ

Hi Motoco, wildjim and all. The plan is to do a dummy run or two when I've got all the gear organised, while reading and re-reading the instructions. Good idea about the 'muscle memory' wildjim, I'll definitely give that a go. I'm feeling very positive about the whole affair - pretty much all has gone according to plan so far, but I'm still being careful. All the posts I've been reading lately have been very positive, especially on the 'Dosing" thread - excellent! Thanks for all your kind words, and I'll be letting you know how things go. Cheers for now, nobby.

slow and steady will get it done.

resist the temptation to speed up the process (turn up the heat) in the final step.

Hi Motoco, wildjim and all. The plan is to do a dummy run or two when I've got all the gear organised, while reading and re-reading the instructions. Good idea about the 'muscle memory' wildjim, I'll definitely give that a go. I'm feeling very positive about the whole affair - pretty much all has gone according to plan so far, but I'm still being careful. All the posts I've been reading lately have been very positive, especially on the 'Dosing" thread - excellent! Thanks for all your kind words, and I'll be letting you know how things go. Cheers for now, nobby.

High All.
Got the thread for the MMJ seminar in Denver for the World Cannabis Week up now.
Not much posted yet, but Day 2 is coming.

Enjoy the festivities "talk about a 'kid' in a candy store", lol. Have one on me cajun!

Ps. Will be off until Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. R&R time, overdue and much needed. GB

Cheers
Motoco

Back
Top Bottom