How to monitor humidity in multiple jars when curing

Annex420

Say you have 6 or more jars of bud growing how can you monitor the humidity in all the jars, the little round Hydrometers are like $9 each here in Canada and I don't have $45 to spend on hydrometers. I guess you could take the hydrometer out and put in another jar but that would change the humidity as new air is getting in right?

You don't .... So first, before you jar, you box burp them and you can check the hygrometers to see if they are reasonably similar as they are garbage really. (toss the one bad one there... )

Then make sure your jars are basically evenly filled with a few stalks and they should all be drying the same if you did a good job evenly distributing the flower and stalks.

This is what I thought of doing. good to see someone else doing it. How much do you put in the container at a time, could you cure 6 jars at once?

So if I grow 2 pounds of flower I usually cure 2 pounds and that is what it is as far as for jars...I don't understand the question. The above was a single plant. That was 13 jars but I had another plant so I had more...I don't really get the question.

I don't jam them in the jar you want them loosely packed not only to cure evenly but also you need to shake it around once in a while. Above I jammed em in too tight but I know how to make that work.

LOL I missed something that is funny.

So you said... "but that would change the humidity as new air is getting in right? "

So Buckle up but that has nothing to do with it.

The cure is you are having bacteria that is naturally occurring the plant consume first sugars and then chlorophyll.

Sugar when burnt makes black carbon smoke and is very harsh and hard to breath in.

The bacteria make all the sugars you pushed in go away and then you are smoking easy and free. But they are Anaerobic bacteria. That means that oxygen kills them and they need to be in a CO2 environment like in a septic system. These are bacteria that decompose stuff. So when you break the seal you are letting out some humidity but that is rather inconsequential. the real deal is you have just introduced oxygen and dramatically slowed the curing process. each burp slows you down. this is why you gradually try to extend the time between it as fast as possible.

The humidity has a small range I think 45 to 54% that the bacteria live in.

So you burp them in the box until around 56% or so then jar them with a Humidity pack at 48% and burp them for a while.

peace...I need to go load the bong now.

So if I grow 2 pounds of flower I usually cure 2 pounds and that is what it is as far as for jars...I don't understand the question. The above was a single plant. That was 13 jars but I had another plant so I had more...I don't really get the question.

I don't jam them in the jar you want them loosely packed not only to cure evenly but also you need to shake it around once in a while. Above I jammed em in too tight but I know how to make that work.

I meant how much bud can you put in that container and cure at once, did you have all 13 jars in that container , and you shaked them around and burped them,

So a big box store has these containers like in a pack 5 or so...I bought a bunch. I think (this was a few years back) that one was about 5 containers and then after burping it down I cut stems and broke it down into the 13 jars.

So actually this is all in my journal but here since you have a nice avatar.

First you make a bike sized plant.

Then you chop it ans wash the flowers and hang them above your light in the tent and use your carbon filter and fan to dry them keeping moist towels in the tent to keep the humidity up for a week and a half.

Then you cut them into smaller pieces and box them and burp them twice a day till they are to 56%

Then you jar them "correctly" and place in a dark space preferably cool.

and burp them in the beginning often until it stabilizes around the 49% and then let the bacteria work.

Back
Top Bottom