How to treat stem rot?

WthAmIDoing

My plant has stem rot and I’m not sure how to fix it without chopping. Week 5, had to chop main cola and a few stems already. I’m noticing another site but i do not see mold growth yet.

How to fix? Heard something about alcohol and Hydrogen peroxide to “heal” the wound. Need to act fast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 81
Same as all rot...with beneficial bacteria. Don't panic...I have dealt with this myself and it will be fine if you don't pick at it just let it be while fixing it

So actually there are 2 ways to go after rot and depends on your medium.

Hydrogen peroxide will kill the rot. It is also tough on a lot of things that are good. If you are in hydro it is an easy way to get some results but rarely fixes it completely.

The other way is to use beneficial bacteria to take over. You can make it yourself or run down to the hydro store and buy some. You can apply with spray bottle every 12 hours but you really want it to dry.

The stem I amazing...like trees in the forest you can loose a significant amount and it will be fine.

A circulating fan is a must. If you can have one directly on it great.

Good luck!

Same as all rot...with beneficial bacteria. Don't panic...I have dealt with this myself and it will be fine if you don't pick at it just let it be while fixing it

So actually there are 2 ways to go after rot and depends on your medium.

Hydrogen peroxide will kill the rot. It is also tough on a lot of things that are good. If you are in hydro it is an easy way to get some results but rarely fixes it completely.

The other way is to use beneficial bacteria to take over. You can make it yourself or run down to the hydro store and buy some. You can apply with spray bottle every 12 hours but you really want it to dry.

The stem I amazing...like trees in the forest you can loose a significant amount and it will be fine.

A circulating fan is a must. If you can have one directly on it great.

Good luck!
Thanks. I’m outdoors so there is a worry for humidity issues here in the NW during rain season. Ana outdoor greenhouse will be delivered tomorrow so they can stay dry for the remaining weeks.

Do i just apply it with Hydrogen peroxide or wet a paper towel and wrap it?

Ouch ...growing outdoors in the NW without cover is a waste of time. You will loose the whole crop in about a week if you don't get it covered. I grew up and live in Oregon (pioneer trail decendent) and I am telling ya you can't bloom here in the open.

That is going to be difficult. I really would expect H2O2 to work outdoors very well but you can try first. It shouldn't need to be applied more than every 12 hours. I would spray it. Do not touch it.

I mean to say do not even touch it at all.

It will just come apart exposing the living stuff to the bacteria.

Just spray on the peroxide or a beneficials.

Ouch ...growing outdoors in the NW without cover is a waste of time. You will loose the whole crop in about a week if you don't get it covered. I grew up and live in Oregon (pioneer trail decendent) and I am telling ya you can't bloom here in the open.

That is going to be difficult. I really would expect H2O2 to work outdoors very well but you can try first. It shouldn't need to be applied more than every 12 hours. I would spray it. Do not touch it.

I mean to say do not even touch it at all.

It will just come apart exposing the living stuff to the bacteria.

Just spray on the peroxide or a beneficials.
Man who are you telling. I’m keeping them under a covered area in the back yard for now. Excited to get the greenhouse together. I’ll spray some peroxide on it today. Hoping the plant services the rest!
Thanks for the advice VillageIdiot!

Fo show...thwybrecently made it legal here and lots of newbs be reading. You'd be surprised how many read these FAQs and even more surprised how many dont know that stuff.

In any case I forgot...as with most problems don't expect it to heal. You may stop it but it wont repair that in time. More like a super crop knuckle type healing at best over a while which you don't have.

Enjoy the harvest!

Back
Top Bottom