Hps bulb/ballast problem

closetkush

This has only happend once, but I noticed that my grow room was dim earlier today and when I checked it out I saw that the 1000w HPS bulb that I'm using had gone almost completely dim(except for the rod/filament? inside of the bulb was still glowing) and the ballast was buzzing. After a few seconds of wondering what the problem might be, it all of sudden powered back up on its on. Any ideas what the problem could be? I've only been using the bulb for about 6 months... not sure what the lifetime is on a bulb, but I'm hoping that's the problem and not the ballast...

Not sure what it could be, but I do know that a friend's lights are able to be shut off with the light switch in the garage. He's done it by accident several times until I taped the switch in the on position.

Could you have just turned the light on by accident and it was just normal dim-->bright power-up?

All hydro shops I've been to would be happy to test your ballast and light. If there's one around, you might think about doing that during your dark period.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom