HPS MH lights

hey queen what exactly did you buy? I just have the basic remote ballast 400w kit that hgt sells it aint digital and cant dim, its what ever you get for about a buck thirty:)
:circle-of-love:

I don't know if it's allowed to post the link here so I will PM it to you. I paid 132.50 for it...I'll send the pm when I am done here. Tricks I will PM it to you too....

What's up Queen...wow do you mean the place you bought it from won't tell you if you can use any brand bulb with the ballast? as far as I know, you can use any type of 400W MH bulb, if you have a dimable (digital) is it a 400W -200W or 600W to 400W? that would decided what watt bulb you order, but you should be able to use any type that matches the power of your Ballast.

The place I bought it from just told me that they sell the bulbs that go with it, that was about it. It is a 400w digital but I don't have any type of switch to make it dimable. I need an hps bulb not an mh, I am using that now since hps blew on me.

Just a note....bulb makers have been busy working getting their bulbs compatible with the digital ballast...I just bought a 1000K EYE® HortiluxTM SUPER HPS and I love it with the new Lumatek Electronic Ballast, I can dim it down to 600W and run either MH or HPS, so far, its the bomb, they sell a little fan that plugs into the top of the ballast, because they do get hot, but this keeps it cool to the touch, 20 bucks...but the dude threw it in free! Peace

.the hps/mh 400w light...I gotta wait til lights come on to install it. Will take more pics once we have the light set up...It's on now......well the light isn't on yet but now it's on when it comes to flowering....lol

003757.jpg
002801.jpg
001771.jpg
here's the info

I'm using a $35 dollar bulb, and the bulb has been fine with my digital ballast.

Here is the info you posted up last time on it, for people trying to help you on the bulb hunt, good luck my friend.
Oh please, lady you are more than welcome to chill here. I welcome another female by all means. I have checked out your journal from time to time too.

Warrior--It is a 400 watt hps/mh light I got from ledwholesalers...I will take pics when it comes because I don't think we can post links from other sites, right? Trying my best to remember and follow the rules. But let me pull up the details for you....

This 400W hydroponics lighting system represents the best value grow light. The 400 watt advanced electronic ballast supports both High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Metal Halide (MH) bulbs, giving the grower the flexibility to choose the best selection of light simply by changing the bulb, instead of having to own two separate light systems. MH is used for accelerated vegetative growth, then switch to HPS to encourage flowering, fruiting and budding.

Features

400W
Works with both High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Metal Halide (MH) bulbs
Automatically detects type of bulb installed and adjusts itself accordingly
9-foot lamp cord
8-foot power cord
UL-listed, CE certified
Two-year manufacturer warranty on ballast
Discreet packaging

Advantages

Fast startup - reaches full brightness in less than 1/4 the time of most magnetic ballasts.
Completely silent - no more humming and buzzing.
Small, compact design - most electronic models weigh less than 10 pounds compared to 44 pounds for magnetic ballasts.
Longer bulb life - lumen output loss over time is dramatically less than with magnetic ballasts.
Electronic ballasts can light both MH and HPS lamps.
More lumen output - up to 20% more lumen output than regular ballasts.
Heat sink technology - no fans to break down and make noise; fan-cooled ballasts have a high failure rate.
Electronic Ballast Parameters

Input Characteristics

Output Characteristics

Rated Voltage

120V

Harmonic Distortion

<10%

Input Current

3.52A

Crest Factor

<1.7

Frequency

50Hz/60Hz

Frequency (Hz)

25kHz ~ 100kHz

Power Factor

>0.99

Loss of Input Watts (%)

<10%

Total Luminous Flux

>41,000Lm

Energy Saving

30%

Reflector size: approx. 22" x 18" x 7"

Ballast size: 4.25" x 3" x 10.25" (11" including mounting flanges)

Package Content
(1x) 400W electronic ballast
(1x) reflector
(1x) 400W HPS bulb
(1x) 400W MH bulb
Free pair of reflector hangers

Lights come on in another 15 minutes or so. I will take pics of them now before they start flower. I will also take a pic of my closet so you can see what I am working with. I have plenty of room for them to grow up but not so much growing out. If I could move my suitcase out there prolly would have better room. Think I am gonna do that. Don't know why I didn't think of it before....

Back
Top Bottom