Htg 150w hps

GGG91

Hey all. :smokin:
I'm planning on carrying out my first grow soon.
The closet being used is roughly 23"x36" or about 5sq. ft. and I'm only going to
have 2 plants in there.
Will this light be sufficient enough?:
High Tech Garden Supply
Or should i accent it with other lights?

iT MIGHT BE ENOUGH BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE HEAT, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A VENT IN AND OUT. fOR FRESH AIR INTAKE AND EXHAUST, YOU MIGHT TRY THE HIGH OUT PUT CFL (FLORESENT) LIGHT'S

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.
But it can get quite cold here.
I figure I wouldn't need much in terms of ventilation seeing as its only 30cu.ft.
So maybe, as well as the 150w, a few cfl's to drape down the sides?

I would go with a bigger one if possible..

I have a 150 watt from same place and now wish I bought a larger one.

I have about 3x3x3 for space and doesnt have too much heat to deal with

but wish had more watts..

Try and go with a 250 watt that you can switch with HPS/MH that would eliminate having to use cfl;s but make sure for ventilation and intake..

Hi newgreenthumb.
Thanks for your input. I was hoping to hear from someone with the same light. :slide:
I was seriously going crazy wondering if it would be enough or not, and I don't have any herb to calm me down.
I think I'll go for the 250w then. I'm on a little bit of a budget, but I think I'll manage.
Thanks again.
:peace: and :rollit:

if you get a 250 watt magnetic ballast for hps you can get
a CMH [ceramic metalhalide ] bulb that screws right in
these bulbs are getting good reviews from folks on several mj friendly boards

your space is how tall?
if you have the height heat might not be as much of aproblem
even if your floor area is small

i just backtracked your post and see 30 cubic feet in size in addition to the 2x3 feet floor so i assume 5 ft of verticalspace
this should be plenty i have an electronic 400 mh/hps unit from htg and am very happy with it but if i had been aware of CMH bulbs back then i might have gone with switchable magnetic to have even more bulb options

i'd say 250 watt should be ok you could look up formulas for calculating temp increase for a space and do the math for both
150 ; 250 and 400 watt one of the mj friendly forums has this in FAQs or links i think its in a recreation of the old overgrow info [perhaps icmag, here, gardenscure,:rollit: other?]

Hi Zolar.
Thanks for your input :grinjoint:
Yeah about 5ft of vertical space +or- a couple inches.
I think I'll go with the one you mentioned.
I assume I can use the CMH for veg too?

Back
Top Bottom