HYDRO questions

ONE-ILL-420

b9_1_b.jpg

SAY IM USING THIS HYDRO SETUP ^^^

Do I let the plants grow up until the budding stage in this setup then transplant them into a five or ten gallon bag whilst moving the lower piece of the setup out and using this same light only with the five to ten gallon bag? In this size of a hydro setup do I have room to grow two plants at a time? (I dont feel that a three foot wide closet will allow me to grow anymore than two plants at a time anyway...)

-ULTRA QUIET !!!! - NO NOISY BALLASTS *DISCRETE OPPERATION
What is a ballast, and do I need one or is this an alright setup

How much HPS bulb would you need for the full grow without changing?
400hps 600hps 800hps or 1000hps for hydro indoor growth? If it is a must to change the light type or the hps then how would you go about doing that???

ONE-ILL-420 said:
b9_1_b.jpg

SAY IM USING THIS HYDRO SETUP ^^^

Do I let the plants grow up until the budding stage in this setup then transplant them into a five or ten gallon bag whilst moving the lower piece of the setup out and using this same light only with the five to ten gallon bag? In this size of a hydro setup do I have room to grow two plants at a time? (I dont feel that a three foot wide closet will allow me to grow anymore than two plants at a time anyway...)

-ULTRA QUIET !!!! - NO NOISY BALLASTS *DISCRETE OPPERATION
What is a ballast, and do I need one or is this an alright setup

How much HPS bulb would you need for the full grow without changing?
400hps 600hps 800hps or 1000hps for hydro indoor growth? If it is a must to change the light type or the hps then how would you go about doing that???

what size bulb depends on how much clearance you have between your light and the top of your plants in the final flowering stage (you gotta be sure you have enough clearance as to not burn your plants down the road). It also depends on your ability to control the heat from your light. HID lights will get very hot especially for the size closet your planning on using. I would figure on using a 400 watt HPS light with a hortilux bulb ( a 400 watt light should be around 12 inches away from the tops of your plants as long as you have proper ventilation on your light). Hortilux gives you blue spectrum as well as red. Blue helps the plant to grow during the veg stage. Your gonna have to vent that light as well. When you get the light make sure it's ventable with atleast a 4" flange that you can hook-up a flex duct to and attach it to a fan.

As for the system your referring too. I would do 4 plants in there and grow it as a SOG (Sea of Green). Come flowering time those 4 plants will look like 1 large bush. Remember, once you put your lights to 12/12 cycle those plants will atleast double in size (if not triple). So keep that in mind so you dont overgrow your space. (average veg time is about 4 weeks or 12-18 inches The longer you wait the more yeild you'll probally get. but growers sometimes will flower earlier due to growspace restrictions or they just can't wait any longer.)

Heat will be your worse enemy, so be sure and vent it properly the first time. I recommend getting the light and ventilation equipment. Set it up and monitor the heat before you start growing. Your grow space should be around 75 F when the lights are on.

sirus said:
plants are highly versitle. especially cannabis. as far as lighting goes you mainly need to look at spectrum. if you are using halogen tube lights that fineonce your plants get big enough to where you can seperate out the males you should trick the plants into budding. the way you do this with those halogen tube lamps is to give your plannts 12 hours of un interupted intense sunlight. than afterthe light you give your plants 12 hours of soild darkness... after a while the plants think its fall and the bud.. i have seen 6 inch plants with buds... so wait till u get a desired height. do this every day untill a week or 2 b4 u harvest

halogen bulbs are NEVER used for growing anything. It's the wrong spectrum and produce ALOT of heat.

Back
Top Bottom