hydro shop moron

tat2gee

I WAS AT MY LOCAL HYDRO SHOP AND COULD YOU BELEIVE THAT THE GUY AT THE COUNTER TOLD ME THAT WHO EVER TOLD ME YU COULD VEGG WITH AN HPS WAS AN ASSHILE.I TOLD HIM THAT I HAD READ ED ROSENTHALS BOOK AND HE SAID YU COULD USE AN HPS.. THE GUY AT THE STORE TOLD ME HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHO ED WAS..I WAS BLOWN AWAY,I MEAN ISNT HE WELL KNOWN/ ps. sorry about the caps. i forgot..:headbanger:

I find that 9 out of 10 hydro supply stores are always trying to up sell and over sell you a bunch of stuff you really don't need. Its easier to buy stuff off E-bay IMO.

Flourex Floodlight for veg, HPS for flower. You can use a redspecrum bulb all the way through a grow but you are making the plant think that it is permanently in fall, during the summer months the sun puts out a blue spectrum, where as in the fall it is a more red spectrum. Atleast thats what I have been told, to the naked eye it all looks the same to me from the sun but the lights are deffinately different. Color spectrum might have something to do with the plants photo process too, but thats just speculation on my behalf. I would deffinately question the shops integrity.

Why Do Some Palces Have An Hps For39.99 And Then The Same Store Will Have Another Hps For99.99...wats Up With Datby The Ay Guys Take Alook At My Girls At 1month Exactly Yesterday.i Forgot I Cant Post Pics.. Dont Know Why Ether

Brett2theMax said:
Flourex Floodlight for veg, HPS for flower. You can use a redspecrum bulb all the way through a grow but you are making the plant think that it is permanently in fall, during the summer months the sun puts out a blue spectrum, where as in the fall it is a more red spectrum. Atleast thats what I have been told, to the naked eye it all looks the same to me from the sun but the lights are deffinately different. Color spectrum might have something to do with the plants photo process too, but thats just speculation on my behalf. I would deffinately question the shops integrity.

Yeah, I read the same info as well brett. I use to veg with MH only and Flower with Hortilux HPS. Due to overgrowing, I use my MH for the mothers and I veg and flower with my Hortilux HPS lights. If anything, I've had better results. Hortilux HPS has a blue spectrum as well, not as evident as a true MH but even so, it still has some.

Sounds like the cheaper one is just an HPS bulb. Hortilux HPS are much more expensive.

Have you uploaded your pics to the gallery?

tat2gee said:
Why Do Some Palces Have An Hps For39.99 And Then The Same Store Will Have Another Hps For99.99...wats Up With Datby The Ay Guys Take Alook At My Girls At 1month Exactly Yesterday.i Forgot I Cant Post Pics.. Dont Know Why Ether

Yes I Have Heres Alook.please Tellme Wat Yu Think !everyone Please.its My First Time Growing Anmd Gettin Results

Here's your pics I think

my_grow_12-01-06_003.jpg

my_grow_12-01-06_004.jpg

To insert your photo's into a thread you must upload to the gallery, find the picture, right click on it, click on properties and copy the URL. Go to the thread inwhich you plan to post your pic. click on the symbol at the top of the box that looks like a yellow box with a mountain in it. It's 2 symbols to the left of the #.

paste your picture's url in the box that comes up and presto! your pic is now in the thread.

Your plants look very nice btw. Very healthy looking.

Back
Top Bottom