I am a new grower and need Help!

Hey john I'm gonna be giving my girls another feeding tomorrow and was wondering if I should give them the same amount of nutes or a little bit more, last time was the 1.25ml of each gro,micro & bloom thanks again

I recommend you feed with 2.5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 2.5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 2.5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom. Watch the tips of the leaves for any yellowing or browning as this is a sign of nutrient burn.

Hey Thenewbie, I'm going to give you a couple of suggestions to think about.

- first have you considered growin at least 1 non-auto feminised plant at the same time as the autos. I find this to be a pretty intriguing idea when you are first firing up a grow. If you think about it you are going to be on a 18/24 light cycle. Place the regular plant in the center of your tent. It is going to grow vegetatively under the same light cycle for the 8-9 weeks that your autos are completing theirs. At about week 5 go ahead and take your clones for some babies of of your standard plant. as you cut your autos out simply replace with one of your clones and they can go ahead and begin vegetating. If you do them all at once it will just be a flip. Once the autos are out. you can go ahead and flip.

Secondly, don't be afraid to prune the growing tips of your autos. Many of these varieties tend to grow a main cola but if they are topped at the third node you will get more side branching and it does increase your yield.

Just a couple of ideas! Best of luck and welcome to a great site full of outstanding talent.

Ha ! I did it again! I didn't notice what page I was on when I butted in with my 2 cents worth. I think my points are still valid though. If not on this grow then perhaps on the next one. My wishes for good luck still stand also!

Actually pruning an auto does just fine. I prune at the third node and a couple of others on here do it too. They react exactly like a normal plant and you accomplish the same goal. Remember that it's not like you are dealing with a different plant altogether. All autos are is the result of crossing the 3rd species of marijuana with the 2 most commonly grown species. They only react the way that they do because of the environments that they evolved in over time. Since geographically they grew in colder short summer areas they evolved to be able to produce seeds not based upon daylength. In some of the areas that the ruderalis species evolved the daylengths during the summer are quite long. Followed by a very short fall then right back into winter. Therfore they evloved to not be photoperiodic in their senescence. They respond to the breaking of apical dominance exactly likre any other plant on earth does. By pruning you break apical dominance within the plant allowing side nodes to begin growth. The only drawback if you can call it one in pruning autos, is that you will slightly increase the length of time until harvest and the on set of flowering.But remeber, this gives more time for root growth and the storage phase of photosynthesis and when you couple that with more budding sites it all equals a substantially increased harvest. There are times when that B.S. in horticulture comes in handy for me! Ha! That way I don't feel like it was a total waste of money and time!

Back
Top Bottom