I am scared out of my wits

vaping

73 years old. don't use pot. hubby and one other guy on medical mj, got legal cards from state of hawaii. hubby is too sick to grow himself but the other guy kept planting in the yard. i had no idea how many, i don't even venture out there. the cops raided the plants and claimed they got 160. many were babies yet, only a few of the plants were mature enough. cops even counted empty pots. their word against ours. another guy living with us had absolutely nothing to do with the pot. we never got charged before with anything. they interviewed us at the cop shop and let us go after we signed statements. there will be an "investigation". now what could happen? we all got accused of growing that pot to sell. but nobody sold any. they found no guns or money. please help ease our minds if that is possible.

Hey there Vaping chill out for now. I see you live on Hawaii and have been part of the 420Family since '09 so u should have some local friends. If not please drop in and se OldMedMan he has a journal and lives on Kauai.
The charges you face are serious and could put you in Federal Prison but seeing as they let you go from the police station and you are in your seventies bodes well for you. You can be charged Federally because anything over 99 Plants and it is the Feds choice to indict or pick up the charges. I would consult an Attorney but not pay a dime just consult. Be very wary of these sharks because win, lose, or draw, they get paid and all want a retainer for doing nothing. A good attorney and I mean a Trial Atty will not charge for the initial consult and may even take the case "Pro Bono" or "For the Good" meaning free of charge. Each island in HI has different laws but I am sure you are not allowed more than a half dozen plants so keep aware of who and what they are planting or storing on your property. It could be the Police were after the guy your hubby was depending on to assist with MMJ and you were just pawns in their game. Why else would he plant so many on your property? So he would not be in trouble as it is in your posession. Unfortunately with MMJ like Prohibition we have not yet weeded out the bad apples. I am sorry for your loss of freedom and troubles I too was arrested for growing and while all state laws are different I was charged with "Cultivation, Manufacture,/Manual Delivery of Sch I-II Narcotics and held without bail for almost 40 days and nights. I was within limits but the cops did not know the Law or care. MMJ is brand new in Rhode Island and I am going to Trial in State Court.
Because you were not held it seems you are doing well. I have a few questions though:
Were you fingerprinted / photographed and released on bail pending a court date you must appear at?
In your statements did you make it clear in No uncertain terms you had NO idea what Mr _ _ _ _ planted and you were dependent upon him to do the right thing.
Did the Police KNOW Mr ___ was frequenting your home and did they have a warrant?
Did Mr ___ lead them to you and sign a statement he was obtaining meds or MJ from you or your husband?
Answering these and several other questions will point all in the direction this case may head. If Mr __ was responsible as you say and put your entire family, properties, bank accounts and holdings at risk of seizure, forfeiture, and prison you need to obtain a Restraining Order or No Trespass Order from the Courts barring him from continuing to contact you, come to your property, and place you all in peril immediately.
I would also let things cool down a bit and have an Atty obtain copies of these statements for your own records, or if you are on good terms with police ask the one you trust the most for copies. But I would wait and see what shakes out of the tree first.
Good Luck and please keep us posted you will be in my prayers!
:peacetwo:

have they ever forfeited anyone's property? so far they threatened us by registered mail today, but on the second page, they write "if they find more evidence". i made sure that my hubby destroyed any paraphenalia. even though he should have been sent his blue card which got delayed by 2 months because of miscommunication between two doctors. we hope to have his card within a few weeks. he is a sick man, and this is a shame. today he collapsed from lack of oxygen because of the incident. if i lose my hubby over this and he dies, all gloves are off. then i really got nothing to lose anymore.
my fear is that the cops might plant some evidence like a pipe. my home is clear title. after what the cops are known to do here, it's a mafia. someone on the L.E.A.P. forum sais whet they did to me was unconstitutional. they would have to show evindence that the plants were containing THC. only 8 or so even had buds. hubby estimated perhaps a total of 2 oz. when dry. a legal patient is allowed 3 oz.

I am not trying to worry you I too was busted (see legal) I am going to Trial in RI.
As for seizure law yes they do all the time many people think that only happens to other people. This is why we must change Marijuana Laws to protect the innocent from harm. Police have let you go and you are extremely lucky for that but someone will be charged for 160 Plants believe me. I dont know what 160 Plants weigh but am quite sure it is a few pounds not ounces. As for Lab Tests I know little of procedure. I would not "clean out" all MMJ related items if indeed you are medical you are ENTITLED by LAW to posess and grow MMJ just stay within strict limits and you will be fine. I do not think police let you go to arrest you later when they have you they keep you when you have broken the law so rest easy and God Bless You both. This is a shame and please stay away from your hubby's friend Green Thumb he will put you in prison with his carefree planting acumen.
Stay in touch

hubby's friend "green thumb" has a new assignment: planting veggies, and digging a big deep hole to roast a PIG!!

hubby's friend "green thumb" has a new assignment: planting veggies, and digging a big deep hole to roast a PIG!!

Thank God!!
I was worried for you all. It sems the police are more interested in real crimminals and you should be grateful there are millions jailed every year with properties seized and forfeited while they are imprisoned and helpless for growing a few plants just for themselves. Please use this experience to motivate and educate every person you are able to about the mischaracterizatied MMJ users who risk prison everyday to obtain relief from debillitating injuries and terminal illnesses. We must educate and change perceptions that Marijuana is not the dangerous addicting drug it has been made out to be. The same people who championed Prohibiting Liquor came out against marijuana after Prohibition was repealled. They could not just stop harassing people and leave well enough alone? No they must say we are evil and only they see clearly and know whats best for everyone. Bullchips!! I know what works for me and I am sure other responsible adults worldwide would love to discover they don't need Prozac, Morphine, or many other harmfull drugs if they would only give all natural MMJ a try.
:peacetwo:
+Rep
:goodjob: Stay in touch and keep us posted please.

i don't know if this is all "over" now. of course we make sure there is no more incriminating stuff on our property. but is it over or will their harrassment continue? perhaps they will pick on someone else now. i believe they must know that those who cannot grow pot themselves, have to buy it from someone who sticks his neck out to grow it. patients with legal cards still need to buy it from illegal growers here in hawaii. the government creates crime. i wonder if i will still be alive to see some sanity in our laws. i am now going to bed with a tranquilizer, my new addiction so i can cope with this idea that i am suddenly a felon.

HI Vaping please do not let the bullies in blue scare you away from life saving medication (MMJ) it is far safer and healthier than Ambien, Lunestra, and all other Big Pharma sleep aids. The police did not arrest you because you were not intentionally breaking the law to feather your financial nest. I would be more afraid of Mr Green Thumb planting another 3,000,000 plants than of the police raiding your home for small amounts of Medical Marijuana.
:goodluck:

@Wingman: i missed answering some of your initial questions: the copes came here with a warrant and had us all outside the house , the 3 guys in cuffs, and sit there until the half dozen cops were done searching. then they took us down to the copshop, locked us up, fingerprinted and photographed us and individually questioned us and we signed statements. then they let us go, no bail and no court date except "there will be an investigation". what everyone agreed on is that i had no knowledge of the number of plants or part in growing. one guy also had no part in growing. my hubby and the "green thumb" here have medical cards and my hubby helped the greenthumb move plants around for the sun and for shelter fomr being spotted. however i heard them arguing about the amount of plants there were. my hubby didn't have an idea how many. they were all immature, no thc. some were slated for destruction as they had become males.
the cops exxagerrated everything grossly. they counted pots and sticks, dead stuff.

hre is my question to any lawyers out there: we got a warning letter that if they find any more evidence, they will take my house. now what if some crooked cops plant evidence, and they can take the house and split the proceeds? are these people that much mafiosos or should i be able to trust them?
and would it be a good idea to mortgage this house to protect my money?

Back
Top Bottom