I Flushed, Now What?

growgirl925

Growing in a 50/50 FFOF/Light Warrior mix.
5 gallon pots
135w led UFO's for each of the three plants
2 Nirvana White Widow, 1 AK-48
Plants are 5 weeks plus a few days into veg
The ph has fluctuated because of my horrible well water I had to use a few times but I think I managed to keep the ph at around 6.0
I fed fish emulsion 1tsp per gallon once, big bloom 1/4 strength once, and liquid kelp 1tsp per gallon once and Ca/mg in between two times
I didn't start feeding until after 30 days in the Foxfarm soil but I still guess that was too soon.
I diagnosed nitrogen toxicity and decided to flush( since I'm not totally confident in my diagnosis I decided flushing would be a good idea anyhow)
The leaves we're dark green, almost black and the tips were clawing and turning white. Growth was also slowed.
I flushed one WW with 5 gallons of Distilled water and it looks better already. It's growing again. New top leaf growth has picked back up.
The second WW and the AK I flushed with 1gallon of distilled with 1/2 tsp of Foxfarm sledgehammer and then with two gallons of plain distilled. I have shitty well water full of salt from our softener. No way around it. I can't inconspicuously keep buying multitudes of bottled water. My R/O system is on the way but my plants can't wait and need something now, but what??? I just can't do the twice as much as the pot size flushing. And since the first plant has started growing and the new growth is lighter green I'm figuring I just have to go with that.
Did I flush all of the nutrients and buffering agents out of the Fox Farm soil. Should I proceed like my soil is nutrition less now? I'm so afraid to over fertilize now. What does flushing do exactly? Does it take out all nutrients in the soil. I just don't know how to proceed. Please help me experienced growers. I feel sometimes like the more I read, the less I know!! I can show you pics of all three if it would help.

Re: I Flushed, Now What???

When I had to flush my plants during vegging on my current grow, I found that I did not have to feed the plants again until they flipped. I had a hot soil likes yours, 50% FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil / 50% Steer Manure Blend (Steer Manure & Compost). Just keep an eye on them and they will tell you if/when they need more nutrients.

Re: I Flushed, Now What???

When I had to flush my plants during vegging on my current grow, I found that I did not have to feed the plants again until they flipped. I had a hot soil likes yours, 50% FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil / 50% Steer Manure Blend (Steer Manure & Compost). Just keep an eye on them and they will tell you if/when they need more nutrients.

Thank you for your response. I haven't given them anything but distilled water since I flushed them all and they are looking much happier. I will keep a close eye on them and from now on I will be way more frugal with the nutrients when they need them. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom