I have a problem with yellowing

iconsulttt

IMG_006642.JPG
I am a first-time indoor hydroponic grower. I have a small Grow Box with 3 young plants. They have been under the veg lights for 12 days. The temperature is constant 72-73 during 16 hours of light - and around 60 during the 8 hours of darkness. I am using distilled water. The roots growing in the nutrient solution look health and clean. And the PH balance is consistently 6.0-6.1.

As a first-time grower I have very limited knowledge of nutrients - but I have read several articles and blogs - admittedly, all the information spins my head a bit. To keep things simple and manageable I went with a all-in-one nutrient (19-18-13). I did not add any nutrients for the first couple of days, then I added 1/4 tsp and a 1/2 tsp. a week later.

Is my PH too high? Articles/Blogs point to the low 6s and others point to the low 5s.

I have posted a few pictures - though I am not sure if I have done this correctly.

Thanks.

I'm not a hydro grower, but that looks like a Nitrogen deficiency to me.
I had a few Northern lights over the summer that began to act a similar way.
Again, Just a suggestion. This might not be your problem. Good luck!

Thanks KingJohnC you provided me with a wealth of information. 3 weeks ago I read the PH chart and thought "Oh I just need to adjust my PH". Then I started reading the 2 links you attached - then I realized that I needed to look deeper.
Well I tossed out the 19-18-13 all-in-one nutrients. I went with the 3-part General Hydroponics Flora series - different as night and day. Now I have flowers a-popping.
[Note: I do believe my original problem started by my rookie mistake of not dumping the nutrients when I changed them - I just added to the existing mixture. And considering how I did it, I am sure I locked the nutes up.]

Back
Top Bottom