I need help with my feed routine

Bearbunny

I'm onto my 4th indoor grow, now iv had decent success, however, this last grow made me realize how little i knew what i was doing when it came to feeding my plants nutrients and water.

I grow autoflowers in soil (promix) in 2 tents under LEDS....
for the first grow i was just using maxigro/maxibloom/koolbloom at about 1/3 strength and tap water aerated for a few hrs. and the grow was good, a bit of leaf burn near the end, but flushed well and yielded well

on my second and 3rd grows, however, i got a PH meter and some UP&DOWN and made the mistake of PHing the water before i aded nuits with was swinging the PH to an undesirable zone and i think that was a large part of my issues, and now after reading many dif lines of thought Im trying to find a solid path for my feed&watering

Also I wonder about the amount of water and lack of runoff, i had been feeding like nuit/water in turns but only feeding enough not to have any run off, now im feeling maybe i should be watering till some runoff?

SOOOOOO here is what i did as im a visual learner and a chart mates more sense then numbers to me

So here is what iv come up with to start off tho i always have and still plan to only use 1/2 of what the package recommends and my new plan is to feed nuits like maybe 2 times a week and just water inbetween.....(unless you folks have better ideas) and this is the nuits i have and how i plan to use them.

full

what do you all think please help me dial this in.

So maybe no one is answering because there is a lot written on this and a very nice sticky right above this post by Emmy on watering.

You are suggesting what if I do this or that on things well established what to do.

There is much debate at higher levels... at pro level the watering debate is very different. But for newbs the basics of watering apply.

1. The most controversial thing is run off. You as a newb should have 10 percent or more run off through the grow. That will prevent a number of problems. Problems that it takes some advanced understanding to avoid in a no drain grow. No drain growing is very popular but not on here. It is more difficult than run off growing. So if you are growing a small garden water away with mild run off to remove any potential bad stuff.

Now the second thing is how often and the nute program.

2) Weed is drought tolerant and you want to stress it to grow a monster root ball by letting it dry out in the begining. So you don't water till the leaves droop. That depends on the size of the pot you are in and how big it is and a number of other things. I sometimes don't water for weeks because the pot is so big.

So that means the nutes have to already be there.

And that is what decent soil is. No feed till bloom at min. Great soil is simply no feed.

You said something like nutes twice a week and watering in between. So that is simply drowning the plants and way over feeding no matter how you slice it. Unless you are under watering and trying to get away with no drain.

No drain is best done by compost because of the problems fertilizer build up causes.

It isn't hard but much easier on compost.

But the simple method that this website promotes and has a sticky on is water heavy till decent run off and let it dry out in between. That is a very good thing to do and a great place for newbs to start.

i had not read that and will check it out ty, and yes i was watering with no runoff, I am learning as i go, ty you actualy helped me understand alot.

um got a link to this thread i dont see any thread about watering in this section?

Again what she is explaining is the right way to water a plant.

That may not be the right way to manage your hourly employees watering containers in a remote location.

There are many ways to do things. I did no drain for a long time. It isn't better it is different. If you do it right it is easier and wrong it is harder. Same could be said about a lot of things I don't do anymore.

Back
Top Bottom